Waynesboro City Council meeting agenda for Monday, June 22
Waynesboro City Council will hold a regular business meeting Monday, June 22, at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Charles T. Yancey Municipal Building, 503 W. Main St.
The agenda for the meeting:
1. Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
2. Consent Agenda (any item placed on the consent agenda shall be removed and considered as a separate matter, if so requested by any member of Council, otherwise all items will be voted on with one (1) motion).
a) Second consideration/adoption of the Annual Appropriation ordinance for the year ending June 30, 2010.
b) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance re-appropriating funds for certain Fiscal Year 2009 expenditures, previously appropriated in accordance with Ordinance 2008-50 City of Waynesboro Annual Appropriation Ordinance and subsequent Budget amendment Ordinance 2008-93 to a Reserve for Fiscal Year 2009 Encumbrances for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
c) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance un-appropriating FY09 budgeted revenues and expenditures in the Landfill Post-Closure Fund, re-appropriating said budgets in the General Fund, and establishing a designated reserve for Landfill Post-Closure expenses in the General Fund in the amount of $1,002,647.80, the funds for which are currently accounted for in the Landfill Post-Closure Fund for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
d) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance appropriating $20,684.98 of investment income earned on the balance of the 2007B GO Bond issue from the General Fund to the Special Projects Fund for placement in a reserve for the future funding of Capital Projects as determined by Council for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
e) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance amending Ordinance 2008-73 (Introduced September 8, 2008) to Un-Appropriate the full amount of said ordinance and appropriating anew the year-to-date reimbursement funds, totaling $6,910 from a State DMV Mini-Grant for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
f) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance appropriating Fiscal Year 2009 State and Federal Asset Forfeiture Funds received by the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office in the amount of $9,409 to the General Fund for expenditures related to the attendance of the Commonwealth’s Attorney and three Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorneys at the Virginia Association of Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Spring Institute, as well as a transfer to the designated reserve, for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
g) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance appropriating a grant award from Augusta Health Care, Inc. in the amount of $6,000 to the General Fund for the creation of a designated reserve for the future purchase of traffic signal control pre-emption devices for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
h) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance appropriating $1,748 of additional FY09 State Categorical $4-For-Life Funds from the General Fund for pass-through to the WFAC for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
i) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance appropriating Court Security Fees in the amount of $1,500 to the General Fund for expenditures related to handling charges assessed by the Commonwealth’s Department of General Services for the acquisition of Rapiscan X-Ray Machines for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
j) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance appropriating a $211 reimbursement from the Commonwealth of Virginia Supreme Court to the General Fund for expenditures related to prisoner extradition for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
k) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance amending the General Fund Budget in an aggregate amount of $843,851 for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2009.
3. Planning Matters: Consider appointing viewers in response to a request from South River, Inc. to close and vacate portions of 12th Street, 13th Street, Race Avenue, and portions of an adjoining alley, legally known as Tax Map 55-2-A, 55-1-13-1, 55-1-14-1, 55-1-14-5, and 55-1-15-31, to assist with the redevelopment of surrounding properties in conjunction with the Mill at South River Planned Unit Development (PUD). This amends an earlier request approved by City Council.
4. Consider the following ordinances:
a) Establishing the Disability Services Board as a board of the City of Waynesboro, Virginia.
b) Repealing Section 2-520 of Chapter 2 of the Code of this City and Creating a Flood and Stormwater Control Commission.
c) Amending City Code Section 2-250, “Commission for the Elderly” name change to “Waynesboro Senior Advocacy Commission”.
5. Consider an appropriation ordinance recognizing the receipt of funds from the Department of Housing and Community Development, Community Development Block Grant, in the amount of $16,710 and making additional appropriations to the General Fund for the following expenditures as specified.
6. Citizen Comment Period.
7. Communication, Correspondence and Calendar.
8. Consider holding a Closed Meeting under Section 2.2-3711 of the Freedom of Information Act, Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended, (a) (1) regarding the assignment, appointment, promotion, performance, demotion, salaries, disciplining, or resignation of specific public officers, appointees, or employees of any public body; more specifically to discuss the employee evaluations for Charter Employees.