Waynesboro Auxiliary Police Officers hold awards banquet
Auxiliary Chief Reo Hatfield officially retired from the Unit.
Based on Chief Hatfield’s retirement, the following promotions were made within the Unit:
- Rod Campbell has been promoted to the rank of Auxiliary Chief (Colonel)
- Corey Fox has been promoted to the rank of Auxiliary Deputy Chief (Lt. Colonel)
- Danny Sandridge has been promoted to the rank of Captain
- Danny Richardson has been promoted to the rank of Captain
- Ben Kontaxes has been promoted to the rank of Sergeant
- Paul Harris has been promoted to the rank of Sergeant
In addition to the Auxiliary Officer promotions, the following awards were presented:
- Most Auxiliary Officer hours—Sgt. Paul Harris
- Auxiliary Officer of the year—Sgt. Ben Kontaxes
“I want to personally thank all of these officers for their dedicated service to the community. I especially want to thank Colonel Campbell for taking on the huge responsibility of commanding this unit. I am supremely confident in his leadership abilities and I know the unit will continue to thrive under him,” said Captain Mike Martin, Special Operations Division Commander and Department liaison to the Police Auxiliary Unit.
“We survive as a city, county, commonwealth and country only because of leaders like you. “There are many out there who refuse to entrust the safety of their loved ones to someone else, and personally step up to serve and protect. There is no greater endeavor. Thank you all for all that you do for the team.”