Virginia Museum of History & Culture offering free online resources, digital programming
The Virginia Museum of History & Culture will be offering free online video content, webinars, student learning resources, and virtual tours as the museum is currently closed to the public following the guidance of state authorities in regards to the spread of COVID-19.
The VMHC is currently the only local Richmond museum offering this extensive distance programming. These recourses can be found at VirginiaHistory.org/AtHome.
“We are here to serve the people of this Commonwealth – to enrich their lives through the saving and sharing of Virginia’s long and complex history. While the museum must be closed so that we can do our part to stem the tide of this virus, we are eager to expand our relationship with our community – students at home and lifelong learners alike,” said president & CEO Jamie Bosket, “so long as we are able, we will use our staff talent to keep generating new content to share.”
History Lecture Archive
- Hundreds of hours of recorded lectures on topics spanning Virginia’s long history from some of the biggest names in history.
VMHC Educators will offer regular live webinars tailored for both student and general adult audiences, including:
- Wednesday, March 18: HistoryConnects: Women’s Suffrage Starter Pack (for students, 4th& 5thgrades)
- Monday, March 23: Picture This: Virginia in the 20thCentury Webinar (for all ages)
- Thursday, March 26: HistoryConnects: Sign of the Times: Activism in the Suffrage Movement (for students-middle & high school grades)
Online Learning for Students
VMHC’s rich content for students studying at home includes:
- Color Our Collectionsthemed coloring pages available to print
- Educational Videos
- The Story of VirginiaDigital Timeline
- Virginia History Explorer
- Other Learning Resources & Lesson Plans
The VMHC offers virtual tours of its current major exhibitions, including:
- The Story of Virginia Exhibition
- Landscapes of Virginia Exhibition
- Determined: The 400-Year Struggle for Black Equality– Coming Soon
- Agents of Change: Female Activism in Virginia from Women’s Suffrage to Today– Coming Soon
- VMHC’s specialty gift shop is still available for online shopping. Enjoy a new book or video from our vast history bookstore, historical games, or unique household and office décor.
For more details please visit our special webpage: