VDOT hosts transportation career fair on April 19
“Be There – It’s Your Future” is the theme of a transportation career fair sponsored by the Virginia Department of Transportation, including 31 vendors. The career fair is Tuesday, April 19 from 9 a.m.until 1 p.m. at Blue Ridge Community College, Plecker Center for Continuing Education, One College Lane, Weyers Cave.
This career fair is open to the public, local school systems and all colleges and universities.
VDOT equipment will be on display for students and potential job applicants to examine and review with on-site staff.
VDOT will staff booths with employees from the following career disciplines:
- Administrative Management
- Materials including Asphalt & Concrete Management
- Bridge Maintenance & Construction
- Civil Engineering
- Civil Rights
- Environmental Sciences
- Highway Maintenance
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Public Relations
- Real Estate and Right of Way
- Traffic Engineering
- Urban Planning
- Vehicle Management and Repair
Local transportation businesses will be present with staff and materials from the following:
- AMT & Associates, Inc.
- Adams Construction Company
- Alpha Corporation
- B&S Contracting
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Bradford Exchange
- City of Harrisonburg
- City of Staunton
- City of Waynesboro
- County of Augusta
- Crosby Trucking Service Inc.
- Department of Rail & Public Transportation
- Dynamic Aviation
- English Construction Company
- Fairfield-Echols, LLC
- Fielder’s Choice Enterprise, Inc.
- Grand Caverns
- Lantz Construction Company
- McKee Foods Corporation
- Order’s Construction Company Inc.
- Quinn Consulting Services, Inc.
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport
- USDOT – Federal Motor Carrier Safety
- United States Army
- Unites States Navy
- Virginia State Police
- Volkert, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil
For further information, please contact Donna Brown at VDOT 540-332-7888.
The VDOT Staunton District serves Frederick, Shenandoah, Clarke, Warren, Page, Rockingham, Augusta, Highland, Rockbridge, Alleghany and Bath counties.
The Staunton District Twitter feed is at @VaDOTStaunton. VDOT can be followed on Facebook, Flickr, Twitterand YouTube. RSS feeds are also available for statewide information. The VDOT Web page is located atwww.VirginiaDOT.org.