VCU professor Jeanine Guidry talks COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy
VCU professor Jeanine Guidry joins the show to offer tips to listeners with friends and family who are hesitant to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
Recent COVID-19 News
- You want things back to normal? Get vaccinated already
Conventional wisdom has it that Republican areas would be severely lagging behind the rest of the country in COVID-19 vaccinations, but that’s not proving to be the case locally.
- Shenandoah University winding down COVID-19 mass vaccination effort
After administering more than 65,000 COVID-19 shots in arms, the vaccination center at Shenandoah University will hold its last clinic on May 6.
- Virginia Tech alum, epidemiologist tries to stem the tide of COVID-19 misinformation on Twitter
When COVID-19 first began to spread around the world last spring, people had a lot of questions.
- VCU study: Four in ten report feeling depressed after losing sense of smell or taste related to COVID-19
The loss of smell or taste for COVID-19 survivors frequently leads to depression, a loss of appetite and a decreased enjoyment of life, according to a VCU study.
- Warner, Kaine announce $6.5M to support transportation to COVID-19 vaccination centers
Virginia will receive $6,505,200 in federal funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to deliver individuals that have transportation needs to state-run COVID-19 Community Vaccination Centers.
- Virginia Department of Health authorizes J&J COVID-19 vaccines based on CDC, FDA recommendations
The CDC and FDA on Friday lifted their recommended pause on the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, following the recommendation of the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices that the vaccine should be cleared for use by all adults.