Top 4 causes of sleep problems that you should know
Sleep is extremely important for any person to stay healthy and beautiful. In fact, proper sleep can actually protect your mental and physical health. Remember that sleep deficiency can affect your mental health very badly. You may fall into depression if you are deprived of sleep.
Many supervisors who work in corporate companies generally face this sleep problem because of their high work pressure. Shift changes and doing overtime can worsen your problem. Even your mattress could be a major problem. Thus, always choose a top-rated mattress for a goodnight sleep.
Studies have shown that even students face sleep problems because of exams, stress and pressure. After working so much in a day your body definitely needs some rest. Hence, you have to make sure that you get enough sleep to help your body recover from stress.
What happens to your body when you sleep?
There are a lot of things that can happen to your body when you fall asleep. If you are wondering what they are then have a look below.
- Do you know that different types of hormones will be released during sleep? Yes, what you have heard is absolutely true. Pineal gland releases melatonin which plays a key role in controlling your sleep pattern. Even the pituitary gland releases hormones during your sleep. Besides, the hormones released by the pituitary gland plays a very important role in your body growth. These hormones also play a vital role in repairing the damaged body cells as well.
- Your brain works very actively when you are asleep. In fact, your brain will be very busy in sorting and storing information from that day. Studies show that learning before you sleep will help you remember the new information well. In fact, the chances to forget the information that you have learned would be very less.
- Getting enough sleep is extremely important if you want to get rid of the toxins from your body. Remember that, your body should get enough time to get rid of toxins. In fact, your body clears out all the toxins during your sleep.
- Your nervous system will relax during your sleep. Sleep deprivation can actually make your nervous system weak. Hence, you should sleep for at least 8 to 9 hours daily to maintain your nervous system’s health.
What are the causes of sleep problems?
- Chronic Pain: Chronic pain can cause sleep problems. Besides, some of the common causes of this chronic pain include persistent headaches, fibromyalgia, arthritis and etc. Make sure that you consult a doctor immediately if you are suffering with chronic pain to overcome sleep problems.
- Stress: Stress can also cause sleep problems. Working in a high-pressure environment can increase your stress levels. Listen to music or read books or do yoga in order to overcome this stress easily.
- Mattress: The first thing which you should do if you are facing difficulty in falling asleep is check your mattress. Just like any other product on the market even the mattresses will have an expiry date. If you have used your mattress for more than 8 to 9 years then it’s time to replace it with a new one. Cleaning a mattress is also extremely important if you want to have a better sleep.
Not cleaning your mattress can lead to pest problems. The odor of your mattress will also change if you don’t clean it at least once every 6 months. Cleaning a mattress is not so easy. In fact, you should spend a lot of time cleaning your mattress. However, if you don’t have enough time to do it then approach a mattress cleaning company. There are a lot of companies that are offering mattress cleaning services. Hence, you could approach them to prevent termite’s problem.
- Weather Conditions: Even the weather conditions can also affect your sleep. Too cold or too hot weather can make you uncomfortable, due to which it can become difficult for you to fall asleep.
How changes in weather can affect your sleep?
Changes in atmospheric pressure, temperature, precipitation and humidity can influence people in many ways. In fact, these changes can show both negative and positive effects on you.
We all know that days are shorter during winter. Hence, you may not get a chance to see sunlight. There are a lot of people who wake up before sunrise, go to the office and leave for their home at night.
Plus, Vitamin D is extremely important for your body muscles and bones. Sunlight is the main source of vitamin D and deficiency of this vitamin in your body results in various health problems like weak bones, fatigue, depression etc. Vitamin deficiency in your body also makes you feel drowsy during daytime.
In fact, you will not be able to concentrate on any of your works. People often face sleep problems during winter and spring because of low vitamin D levels in their body. In order to avoid sleep problems and other health problems, make some time and go outside or sit near the windows in your office during morning to get some exposure to white light. No doubt, you will observe a great difference in your sleep quality by following this simple tip.
Nature sounds like flowing water, falling rain, rustling leaves offers a great relaxation to the people. These sounds can also make you fall asleep easily. Your sleep quality can actually be enhanced with these natural sounds. On the other hand, bad weather and thunderstorms can increase your anxiety levels and cause sleep problems. The sound and light from thunderstorms can disrupt your sleep.
Changes in humidity, temperature and barometric pressure can increase your nerve and joint pain. It is a proven fact that increasing barometric pressure and colder weather can increase your arthritis pain. On the other hand, extreme humidity and temperature can increase your migraine levels. Remember that increased pain can cause sleep problems. There are some pain medications that contain caffeine and taking such medications can also cause sleep problems.
Tips to find a perfect mattress
- Checking the pros and cons of different mattresses available in the market will help you find the best mattress. If you don’t have sufficient time to do this activity then take help of the sites online that are providing the reviews of different mattresses available in the market.
- Make a note of your requirements and choose the mattress which suits your requirements well. Make sure that you don’t rush up while deciding. Take your time and do proper research to avoid making wrong choices.
- Visit a mattress store physically and check how comfortable you are with different mattresses. There are many sellers in the market who allow their customers to test the mattresses available in their store. Just like the way you go for a test drive before purchasing a car, test a mattress as well by lying on it before purchasing.
- Check the customer reviews of different mattress brands to find quality mattress. As most of the mattress brands have their websites online, visit them to find their customer reviews.
- You can also take your friends or relatives suggestions as well to find a good mattress.
- If you are worrying about your budget then online shopping would be your perfect choice. There are a lot of sellers who provide huge discounts on mattresses online. Visit their sites and place your order to save your money in a great way. Do thorough research on the offers that you find online, as it will help you to protect yourself from online fraud.
There are so many sites available online where you can find reviews about the mattresses written by various consumers. If you are a person who is extremely busy with your business trips and work then do visit this site as the information provided on this site can make your job very easy.
In fact, visiting this site will help you to find a perfect mattress for yourself very easily. Thousands of people visit this site every day to know about some important information related to sleep. You will definitely find this site to be helpful.