‘The Story of Plastic’ free screening: Local panel answers questions
Two local environmental organizations, Earth Day Every Day of Harrisonburg and Climate Action Alliance of the Valley, present an exclusive screening of the recently-released film, “The Story of Plastic,” that is viewable any time, day and night, from June 1 at 7 p.m. to June 8 at 7 p.m.
The community is invited to register now through 4 p.m. June 7. Once registered, you will receive a link by email to watch a free viewing.
A live “Talk Back” about the film and local plastic issues will take place immediately following the viewing period.
The “Talk Back” is on June 8 at 7 p.m.
- Dr. Bob Bersson – moderator
- Dr. Les Grady
- Virginia Healy
- Art Fovargue
- Elly Swecker
In the “Talk Back,” a panel will answer prepared questions and viewer questions, previously submitted by local viewers. Anyone may request the zoom link for the free Talk Back at firstname.lastname@example.org and be given the link to watch the panel tackle challenging questions.
June 8 is also the first birthday for EDED, the co-host. This active volunteer organization, founded and chaired by Elly Swecker, focuses on the community working together to reduce waste, especially the use of single use plastic.
- June 1 “The Story of Plastic” viewing period starts at 7 p.m. Watch any day, any time of day, before the period ends: June 8 at 7 p.m. Registration ends at 4 p.m. on June 7.
- June 7 Last day to register to view “The Story of Plastic” for free. Last day to email email@example.com for a link to watch the live virtual Talk Back on June 8.
- June 8 7 p.m. “Talk Back.” See four local panelists answer questions raised by “The Story of Plastic.”
- Length 45 minutes.
- To Register: You can find “The Story of Plastic” Free Screening and Community Talk Back” on Eventbrite.com or the facebook pages of the co-hosts: Facebook: www.facebook.com/EarthDayEveryDayHarrisonburg Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/caavva/