Tag: Right-hander Carlos Alvarado
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (77-63) set a new franchise record for wins in a season with a wild, 7-6, walk-off win over the Binghamton Mets (83-57) in front of 8,864 at The Diamond on Saturday night.
The Portland Sea Dogs (78-50) completed a three-game sweep of the Richmond Flying Squirrels (70-57) with an emphatic, 7-1, win on Sunday afternoon at Hadlock Field.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels’ (68-54) troubles followed them to New England, where they dropped the opener of a three-game series, 8-2, to the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (59-63) at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium on Tuesday night.
The Richmond Flying Squirrels (67-52) snapped a franchise-record eight-game losing streak with a, 5-1, win over the Portland SeaDogs (74-46) at The Diamond on Friday night.
- McKenzie, Wood dazzle, FredNats split doubleheader with Augusta
- Albemarle County Fire Rescue responds to structure fire on Old Trail Drive
- Leading lawn and garden manufacturer selects Virginia for expansion
- ‘Bikes, Wings, and Wheels’ show at Culpeper Airport on Aug. 13
- The $64,000 Question: What was Donald Trump hiding in his safe?
- Milepost Music concert to feature Beverley Street String Band on Aug. 21
- Former Twitter employee found guilty of acting as an agent of a foreign government, unlawfully sharing user information
- State police asking for help after two ATMs destroyed in Southwest Virginia
- AG Garland moves to unseal Trump search warrant: Your move, Mr. President
- UVA football training camp update, 'Hoos basketball recruiting news