Tag: Representatives Rob Wittman R-
The American Battlefield Protection Program Amendments Act, a bipartisan bill introduced by U.S. Senators Tim Kaine (D-VA) and Thad Cochran (R-MS) and U.S. Representatives Rob Wittman (R-VA) and Rush Holt (D-NJ), was signed into law by President Obama today following passage by both houses of Congress as part of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2015 last week.
The American Battlefield Protection Program Amendments Act was included in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2015 announced by Senate and House negotiators last night.
- Freedom Food Festival serves up more than $28k to local non-profits
- Will upgrading the energy efficiency of your home increase its market value?
- Charlottesville: Advisory on roadwork affecting traffic for week of Aug. 15-19
- Spanberger pressing SBA to fill vacancies on Small Business Regulatory Fairness Boards
- Month of August designated to honor military and veteran caregivers in Virginia
- USDA awards $2.1M to address COVID-19 in rural Virginia communities
- Mel Gurtov: The great energy game in Europe
- West Virginia roadwork may produce Interstate 81 northbound delays in Virginia
In Depth News
- COVID-19 funding blessing to homeless community, but emergency shelters closing soon
- Somebody else’s problem: Waynesboro nonprofit tackles sex trafficking in the Valley
- 988 phone response designed to be source of ‘hope, connection, empathy and care’
- Roe v. Wade fallout? Family-planning services eliminated at Waynesboro Health Department
- ‘Wokeness’ critic: ‘White privilege’ is used for division at University of Virginia
- Staunton woman starts petition to reinstate religious education in schools
- A child in a mental health crisis was abandoned: You’ll never guess by whom
- Local NAMI president shares the story of her lifelong mental health journey
In Depth Sports
- The Nats’ mess is entirely Mike Rizzo’s doing: How is he still the GM?
- Analysis: Did the Baltimore Orioles get value in trades of Trey Mancini, Jorge Lopez?
- Will concussions kill football? Examining treatment protocols aiming to keep players safe
- Analysis: Why didn’t UVA hoops alum Kyle Guy give the NBA one more shot?
- Why do schools like UVA fleece students to balance the books for athletics?
- Are we maybe making too big a deal about the college sports money gap?
- Big Ten, SEC back expanded College Football Playoff: Why is the ACC still hedging?
- Blueprint for how the ACC survives the expansion wars: But it won't be easy