The Binghamton Mets (3-0) claimed their first Eastern League title in 20 years with a walk-off, 2-1, win over the Richmond Flying Squirrels (0-3) on Friday night at NYSEG Stadium.
Binghamton right-hander Tyler Pill nearly single-handedly defeated the Richmond Flying Squirrels (39-31) as the Mets (40-31) strolled to a series sweep with a, 6-0, victory on Thursday night at NYSEG Stadium.
The Binghamton Mets (40-31) built an early lead and never looked back, dumping the Richmond Flying Squirrels (39-30), 6-1, on Wednesday night at NYSEG Stadium.
Brian Burgamy’s sixth-inning grand slam was more than enough for the Binghamton Mets (39-31) as they rolled past the Richmond Flying Squirrels (39-29), 5-1, on Tuesday night at NYSEG Stadium. The meeting was the first of the season between the two clubs.
Left-hander Adalberto Mejia led the Richmond Flying Squirrels (39-28) to a second straight shutout of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (28-40), 2-0, in front of 7,644 at The Diamond on Sunday afternoon.
Hot Reads: Today
- Accident in Mount Jackson claims life of Shenandoah County man (1804)
- Warner, Wyden leading effort to extend two critical COVID-19 relief programs (1786)
- Augusta County Sheriff's Office searching for runaway teen (1344)
- Top three CRM solutions for your business (1027)
- Teen dead in single-vehicle crash in Rockingham County (971)
Hot Reads: This Week
- Ban on phone use while driving in Virginia starts Jan. 1 (14356)
- Charlottesville Mural Project announces new mural for Meals on Wheels of Charlottesville/Albemarle (6479)
- One confirmed fatality in I-81 accident in Shenandoah County (2616)
- BowlSeason.com unveils its first 2020 bowl projections (2497)
- Staunton to begin Central Avenue Streetscape Project (2199)