Tag: nova parks
Whether it’s sleeping under the stars, zip-lining through the trees, paddling across a pristine body of water, or having a naturalist show you a turtle or a snake, over 100,000 children a year in Northern Virginia are interacting with nature through the regional parks operated by NOVA Parks.
- Frizzell homers again, but GreenJackets win handily over FredNats
- Rincones supplies game-tying, three-game homer to force extras, Richmond wins in 11
- Rochester retires final 20 Norfolk Tides in second straight win
- Albemarle County authorities recover deceased individual from the Rivanna River
- Longwood appoints Tim Hall as athletics director
- Lynchburg District Traffic Alert: Schedule for week of Aug. 15-19
- Robert C. Koehler: ‘Mommy, somebody’s having a baby’
- Homelessness: It’s not a their problem; it’s an our problem
In Depth News
- COVID-19 funding blessing to homeless community, but emergency shelters closing soon
- Somebody else’s problem: Waynesboro nonprofit tackles sex trafficking in the Valley
- 988 phone response designed to be source of ‘hope, connection, empathy and care’
- Roe v. Wade fallout? Family-planning services eliminated at Waynesboro Health Department
- ‘Wokeness’ critic: ‘White privilege’ is used for division at University of Virginia
- Staunton woman starts petition to reinstate religious education in schools
- A child in a mental health crisis was abandoned: You’ll never guess by whom
- Local NAMI president shares the story of her lifelong mental health journey
In Depth Sports
- The Nats’ mess is entirely Mike Rizzo’s doing: How is he still the GM?
- Analysis: Did the Baltimore Orioles get value in trades of Trey Mancini, Jorge Lopez?
- Will concussions kill football? Examining treatment protocols aiming to keep players safe
- Analysis: Why didn’t UVA hoops alum Kyle Guy give the NBA one more shot?
- Why do schools like UVA fleece students to balance the books for athletics?
- Are we maybe making too big a deal about the college sports money gap?
- Big Ten, SEC back expanded College Football Playoff: Why is the ACC still hedging?
- Blueprint for how the ACC survives the expansion wars: But it won't be easy