Tag: Noe Ramirez
The Portland Sea Dogs (76-50) defeated the Richmond Flying Squirrels (70-55), 5-1, on Friday night at Hadlock Field. With the loss, and a win by the Bowie Baysox, the Squirrels’ magic number to obtain a post-season berth remains 10 with 17 games to play in the regular season.
The Portland Sea Dogs (74-47) shrugged off two comebacks from the Richmond Flying Squirrels (67-53) and claimed a, 12-7, 11-inning win at The Diamond on Saturday night.
- Richmond pitching allows three home runs in 8-2 defeat to Rumble Ponies
- Norfolk Tides can’t keep up with Durham’s 12 hits in 8-3 loss
- Huge seventh inning pushes FredNats to series opening win in Lynchburg
- Charlottesville organizations host back-to-school event
- Stephen A. Smith, for some reason, seems to want to die on the Saudi blood money hill
- Will Kevin Harvick ever lose again? NASCAR Cup Series playoff race heats up
- Inflation Reduction Act becomes law: Impacts on healthcare, climate change
- New compound could be effective treatment option for deadly childhood cancer
In Depth News
- COVID-19 funding blessing to homeless community, but emergency shelters closing soon
- Somebody else’s problem: Waynesboro nonprofit tackles sex trafficking in the Valley
- 988 phone response designed to be source of ‘hope, connection, empathy and care’
- Roe v. Wade fallout? Family-planning services eliminated at Waynesboro Health Department
- ‘Wokeness’ critic: ‘White privilege’ is used for division at University of Virginia
- Staunton woman starts petition to reinstate religious education in schools
- A child in a mental health crisis was abandoned: You’ll never guess by whom
- Local NAMI president shares the story of her lifelong mental health journey
In Depth Sports
- The Nats’ mess is entirely Mike Rizzo’s doing: How is he still the GM?
- Analysis: Did the Baltimore Orioles get value in trades of Trey Mancini, Jorge Lopez?
- Will concussions kill football? Examining treatment protocols aiming to keep players safe
- Analysis: Why didn’t UVA hoops alum Kyle Guy give the NBA one more shot?
- Why do schools like UVA fleece students to balance the books for athletics?
- Are we maybe making too big a deal about the college sports money gap?
- Big Ten, SEC back expanded College Football Playoff: Why is the ACC still hedging?
- Blueprint for how the ACC survives the expansion wars: But it won't be easy