Shoppers will be lining up at the crack of dawn on Black Friday for spectacular deals. What they don’t know is that the best bargains have already been taken – not by other shoppers, but by some of America’s largest corporations.
Earth Talk examines the potential health and environmental impacts of so many genetically engineered organisms in our food supply.
Give credit to the Ed Gillespie team for one thing: getting its voters energized and then to the polls. The comparisons to 2008 and 2012 show that victory was more possible than it even seems today knowing what we know now.
Hermitage Hill Farm & Stables, one of the Shenandoah Valley’s most unique and popular wedding and event venues, is about to add a brand new dimension to its operations by opening a destination brewery and farm store.
In tomorrow’s debate between Senator Mark Warner and Ed Gillespie, Virginians will see a stark contrast between two candidates with different histories in Virginia.
During Saturday’s debate, lobbyist Ed Gillespie will attempt to recast himself as a “small businessman.” Don’t be fooled. He conveniently leaves out that he spent most of his career as a multi-million dollar Washington lobbyist for companies like Enron.
The total number of people killed by guns, suicide and accidental deaths between Newtown and December 2013 is 12,042. With all the fear and anguish brought on by these shootings, little has been done to address the issue in Congress or in state legislatures.
Artie Lewicki worked his way back into the starting rotation one outing at a time in 2014. But now that Lewicki has earned his spot, it’s looking like he might be more valuable to UVA coach Brian O’Connor coming back out of the bullpen.
There’s a heated debate going on in Congress and many state capitols this spring over raising the minimum wage. One of the key players – and a vocal opponent of wage increases – is the restaurant lobby, led by the National Restaurant Association (NRA).
Since the Gateway opened in 2011, there has been intense lobbying to bring the country duo Wilson Fairchild to the venue. This fall, Clair Myers, WTA’s Executive Director was finally able to get the job done.
Former Gov. Doug Wilder, former Congressman L.F. Payne and former State Sen. Russ Potts headline the bipartisan Inaugural Committee for the pending swearing-in of Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe. “This committee of talented leaders will help me kick off my tenure as governor with an inaugural that celebrates the values we share as Virginians,” McAuliffe said.
Virginia doesn’t put public money into the inaugural events for incoming governors, which is no question the way to go about that kind of thing. But with no public money paying for them, the money has to come from somewhere, and guess who is more than glad to step in and foot the bill?
- Cline, Phillips introduce bipartisan bill to promote efficient technology use by federal agencies (2122)
- Stable Craft Brewing opens new cornhole golf course (1355)
- Augusta County Education Association raises issues with plan for return to school (1322)
- Culpeper District Traffic Alerts: Week of Aug. 10-14 (1244)
- Staunton provides details on flood cleanup efforts (1228)
- Warner, Kaine announce $9M for affordable housing in Virginia (1149)
- Department of Homeland Security changes immigration law (1118)
- Spanberger discusses regulatory issues facing Central Virginia distilleries Wednesday, 8:45 pm
- Street Knowledge: NASCAR going on the road to Daytona Wednesday, 7:11 pm
- Home again: UVA’s Clint Sintim looks to make mark with D-line Wednesday, 4:55 pm
- Study shows correlation between seat belt usage, highway fatalities Wednesday, 3:19 pm