Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders yesterday said suffering, terminally ill people should have the option of medical aid in dying.
Inspired by the public advocacy of terminal brain cancer patient Brittany Maynard, lawmakers in Washington, DC, and at least 16 other states – from California to New York – have introduced bills that would authorize the medical option of aid in dying.
The Latest: News
- Health and PE teacher encourages virtual learning Wednesday, 5:34 pm
- Stuarts Draft man in jail on arson charges Wednesday, 5:17 pm
- Jennifer Carroll Foy earns American Federation of Government Employees Council 1 endorsement Wednesday, 5:09 pm
- Harrisonburg Fire Department announces arrest in arson case Wednesday, 4:30 pm
- Staunton teacher nominated for National History Day Teacher of the Year honor Wednesday, 4:27 pm
The Latest: Sports
- VMI football, prepping to face top-ranked JMU, ready to shock the world Wednesday, 7:22 pm
- Virginia alum Mamadi Diakite signs multi-year deal with Milwaukee Bucks Wednesday, 9:33 am
- Baseball: Liberty suffers first home loss of 2021, falling to Duke, 7-0 Wednesday, 12:10 am
- Baseball: Virginia drops mid-week contest to VCU, losing streak at three Tuesday, 11:23 pm
- Baseball: #22 Virginia Tech rallies, defeats VMI, 7-5 Tuesday, 11:18 pm