Tag: Better Communities Alliance
Announced by the White House during Smart Cities Week, the U.S. Department of Energy is launching the Better Communities Alliance.
- Charlottesville organizations host back-to-school event
- Stephen A. Smith, for some reason, seems to want to die on the Saudi blood money hill
- Will Kevin Harvick ever lose again? NASCAR Cup Series playoff race heats up
- Inflation Reduction Act becomes law: Impacts on healthcare, climate change
- New compound could be effective treatment option for deadly childhood cancer
- Forest Service extends comment period on mature forests on federally managed lands
- Pamplin Historical Park to host living history event on Aug. 27-28
- Jackpot! Virginia Lottery distributes record $779 million to K-12 public schools
In Depth News
- COVID-19 funding blessing to homeless community, but emergency shelters closing soon
- Somebody else’s problem: Waynesboro nonprofit tackles sex trafficking in the Valley
- 988 phone response designed to be source of ‘hope, connection, empathy and care’
- Roe v. Wade fallout? Family-planning services eliminated at Waynesboro Health Department
- ‘Wokeness’ critic: ‘White privilege’ is used for division at University of Virginia
- Staunton woman starts petition to reinstate religious education in schools
- A child in a mental health crisis was abandoned: You’ll never guess by whom
- Local NAMI president shares the story of her lifelong mental health journey
In Depth Sports
- The Nats’ mess is entirely Mike Rizzo’s doing: How is he still the GM?
- Analysis: Did the Baltimore Orioles get value in trades of Trey Mancini, Jorge Lopez?
- Will concussions kill football? Examining treatment protocols aiming to keep players safe
- Analysis: Why didn’t UVA hoops alum Kyle Guy give the NBA one more shot?
- Why do schools like UVA fleece students to balance the books for athletics?
- Are we maybe making too big a deal about the college sports money gap?
- Big Ten, SEC back expanded College Football Playoff: Why is the ACC still hedging?
- Blueprint for how the ACC survives the expansion wars: But it won't be easy