It all happens starting at 5:30pm on July 3rd. Three bands are set to take the stage to help us celebrate the summer season and the 4th of July holiday.
Sons of Pirates will be kicking off this annual event with the sounds of Buffett, Marley, Zac Brown and splashing in classic hits from Eagles, James Taylor and many more.
Up next are the Rollerblades, out of Baltimore, MD, who are sure to keep us reminiscing of all things 90’s, including the music of Third Eye Blind, Green Day, The Gin Blossoms, The Presidents of the United States of America, Counting Crows, Foo Fighters, Spin Doctors, Alice in Chains, Britney Spears, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
And the headliner for Summer Jam 2013 is the one and only J Roddy Walston and the Business, sure to be a ‘cannot miss’ act. Their original songs are straight up rock n’ roll, incorporating the sounds of Walston’s 1970’s Yamaha CP-60 upright piano, guitars, and drums. The Baltimore City Paper noted that their frenzied live show makes “James Brown look lazy.”
Also on tap for the festival are multiple food vendors, a variety of kids’ activities, a beer and wine garden, and a brand new fireworks show brought to us by Zambelli fireworks. The fireworks finale is set to start at 10:00pm.
Advance tickets are on sale now through July 2nd for only $15 and are available at the Massanutten concierge desk, the RH-SPCA or online at the festival website. Children under 8 will enjoy free admission. Ticket pricing at the gate on July 3rd will be $20. 100% of the proceeds from this event go to the RH-SPCA.
- · Festival chairs, blankets, and camp chairs with built-in shade awnings that does not obstruct the view of other festival-goers are allowed. No pop-up tents or umbrellas permitted.
- · In case of rain, the Ski Lodge can be used for shelter. No alcohol permitted in Lodge.
- · The best view of the fireworks finale will be inside the event grounds near the ski lodge.
- · Trash and recycling bins will be available throughout the event grounds. Please help keep Massanutten a Green Community!
- · You may bring in one unopened, sealed bottle of water.