Staunton Parks and Recreation announces additional facility openings under Phase Two
The City of Staunton is announcing updates to the status of several Parks and Recreation facilities in accordance with the guidelines of the second phase of the state’s Forward Virginia reopening plan.
Under the Phase Two guidelines, Staunton will reopen playgrounds, the skate park, basketball courts and baseball, soccer and softball fields (for practices only with groups no larger than 50 persons including both participants and spectators) beginning Friday morning.
Patrons are strongly encouraged to review the detailed use guidelines posted on the city website at www.ci.staunton.va.us/
Guidelines will also be posted at each facility.
The following general guidelines are applicable at all facilities:
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted to use any of these facilities.
- Maintain specified social distancing at all times.
- Avoid contact with others.
- Bring from home and frequently use anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitizer before, during and after play.
- Consider wearing gloves during play to avoid handling equipment with bare hands/exposed skin.
- No congregating or gathering.
- Proceed to your car and depart immediately following play.
“The city is pleased to be able to open these popular recreational amenities to the community as we move into the more active outdoor season,” said Parks and Recreations Director Chris Tuttle. “We appreciate the importance of options for safe outdoor activity, and we thank the public for their continued good judgment in following public health guidelines to keep themselves and others comfortable and safe.”
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell