ParadeRest honors Virginia’s military heritage
The Paramount Theater welcomes back ParadeRest Virginia – a Charlottesville non-profit dedicated to serving military personnel, veterans and their families – for an afternoon of music, videos, and a panel discussion with three decorated veterans.
On Sunday, ParadeRest will honor Virginia’s Military Heritage with their 5th Annual Memorial Sunday Tribute.
This year’s schedule of events will include:
- 1:00PM – The Charlottesville Brass Quintet and “Finding the Fallen: 1941-2016” – musical and video tribute
- 2:00PM – Guests of Honor: The Honorable Chuck Robb and Lynda Robb
- 2:30PM – Feature Film: Twelve O’Clock High
- 4:45PM – Decorated Panel of Pilots:
- Jack Bertram – WWII B-17 Bomber Pilot
- Scott Cooper – USMC EA-6B Prowler
- Jim Yacone – Blackhawk Helicopter, Mogadishu
- 5:15PM – Gospel Choir: “America the Beautiful”
All Active Duty, Reservists, National Guard, Veterans & their families admitted free.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell