Northam announces administration appointments: April 9 update
Gov. Ralph Northam announced additional appointments to his administration on Friday.
Catie Finley, Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Resources
Catie Finley has been appointed deputy secretary of health and human resources. She has served as assistant secretary of health and human resources since December 2019. Prior to joining the Northam administration, Finley served as professional staff for the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and related agencies. She has also served as director of scheduling for U.S. Sen. Barbara Mikulski and as a staff assistant for U.S. Sen. Mark Warner. Finley is a Richmond native and graduated from the College of William & Mary with a bachelor of arts degree in economics.
Corey Pleasants, Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Resources
Corey Pleasants will serve as assistant secretary of health and human resources. He previously served as legislative liaison for the Secretary of Health and Human Resources, and prior to that was senior operations and policy advisor to the chief of staff at the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services working to continuously improve public health and serve Virginia’s Medicaid population. Pleasants is a native of Caroline County and earned a bachelor of science degree in political science and communications and master of public administration degree from Old Dominion University.
Board of Medicine
- Madge E. Ellis, MD, FACS of Salem, president, Salem Surgical Associates
New College Institute
- Catherine Tanner Brown of Concord, vice president of Consulting Services, Clearwater
- Ellen Dyke of Reston, retired attorney
- Eric Jones of Annapolis, Maryland, director of business development, capture, proposals, and growth – defense and national security, AT&T Public Sector and FirstNet
- Cameron Patterson of Farmville, executive director, Robert Russa Moton Museum
- Maria Pia Tamburriof Midlothian, director of diversity and inclusion and employee engagement, Dominion Energy
Virginia Sheep Industry Board
- Jim Hilleary* of Marshall, extension agent, Virginia Cooperative Extension, Loudoun County
- Timothy Mize of Warrenton, extension agent, Virginia Cooperative Extension, Fauquier County
- Jason Shiflett of Augusta County, producer of purebred and commercial sheep