Update: $350K damage, no injuries in Albemarle County structure fire
Update: Wednesday, 8:20 p.m. Albemarle County fire units brought a structure fire at 151 Deerwood Drive under control at 11:05 a.m.
The occupant who was home at the time of the fire evacuated safely, and no injuries were reported. The Red Cross is providing assistance to the family of six and dog that were displaced from the fire.
Unfortunately, three cats died as a result of the fire.
The Albemarle County Fire Marshal’s Office has deemed the fire accidental and due to unattended cooking. The estimated fire loss is $350,000.
Albemarle County Fire Rescue responded to a structure fire on Deerwood Drive at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
Upon arrival, the home was heavily involved with smoke and flames. The fire is currently under control.
All of the occupants evacuated the home safely and no injuries were reported. Red Cross has been contacted to provide assistance.
The cause of the fire will be subject to an investigation by the Albemarle County Office of the Fire Marshal. More information will be released as it becomes available.