No injuries in Albemarle County fire: Family displaced


(© George Sheldon –

Units from Albemarle County Fire Rescue and the City of Charlottesville responded to the report of a structure fire with possible entrapment on Minor Drive at 12:47 a.m. Saturday.

Upon arrival, the home was fully involved with heavy fire conditions. All of the occupants had evacuated the home safely, and no injuries were reported.

A family has been displaced due to the fire and is receiving assistance from the American Red Cross, family, and friends.

The Fire Marshal’s Office has deemed the fire accidental and was caused by an electrical failure in the power panel box.

Albemarle County Fire Rescue encourages everyone to have working smoke alarms in their home. Please check alarms monthly and change batteries every six months.

augusta free press news
augusta free press news
augusta free press news