New Year’s Revolution: Waynesboro YMCA offers Dec. 31 countdown alternative
The Waynesboro YMCA is plotting a New Year’s Revolution to kickstart the better living part a little sooner.
“If you are looking for a fun, alcohol-free event for New Year’s Eve or are just a fitness freak who wants to get a work out in, we will be open to ring in the New Year,” said Jeff Fife, the executive director of the Waynesboro Y, which will be open New Year’s Eve from 9 p.m. into the New Year through 1 a.m.
The event is called New Year’s Revolution, and it is free and open to the public.
The Y will offer fitness classes at 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and is sponsoring a Glow Run on the South River Greenway at midnight.
The pool will also be open for open swim time, with basketball and pickleball in the gyms, and the free weight and cardio rooms available for workouts as 2015 comes to a close and the calendar flips to 2016.
“If you have goals you want to accomplish in the New Year, start them early with us,” Fife said.
New Year’s Revolution Schedule
- 9pm: Doors open
- 9pm: Zumba Group Fitness Class
- 10:30pm: Guts and Butts Core Class
- 12am: Glow Run on the Greenway
- 1am: Doors close
- Open to the public (ages 12 and over)
- Admission is free
- Pool open
- Open pickleball play
- Cardio room with three flat screen TVs showing New Year’s Eve celebrations
- Weight rooms open and staffed including music
- Upstairs Gym will have Friday Night basketball feel with music (open to middle and high school youth)