Men’s basketball: Top-ranked Virginia to play in loaded 2018 Battle 4 Atlantis
Top-ranked Virginia will participate in the 2018 Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis at Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas. The Cavaliers are among an eight-team field that will each play three games during the Thanksgiving holiday, Nov. 21-23.
Virginia will be joined by Florida, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Butler, Stanford, Dayton and Middle Tennessee State during the 12-game, three-day tournament which is regarded as one of the most challenging early-season tournaments. Atlantis will be transformed into a 4,000-seat arena to host four games each day during the tournament, which is celebrating its eighth year of elite competition.
Ticket packages will be announced at a later date. Call 1-800-Atlantis or visit www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a/virginia for more information.
Information about the Atlantis Resort
- Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas offers a resort experience in mythical proportions, amidst the largest marine habitat in the world, second only to Mother Nature. Guests can explore the ruins of Atlantis in The Dig, challenge the Mayan Temple and Aquaventure’s water slides, enjoy 11 swimming areas and interact with dolphins at Dolphin Cay. Resort facilities include a state-of-the-art kids club, Atlantis Kids Adventures (AKA), 30,000-square-foot flagship Mandara Spa, a sports center, a state-of-the-art rock climbing facility, a world-class marina, haute couture shopping, and over 20 restaurants, bars and lounges.
- The iconic Atlantis, Paradise Island resort rises magically from the turquoise lagoons and blue Atlantic of The Bahamas, and is known worldwide not only as the leading family destination in the Caribbean, but also as a resort that has truly redefined entertainment and gaming in the tropics.
- The Cove Atlantis is the 600-suite resort within the world of Atlantis, featuring oversized rooms with a step down living space, spectacular designs by acclaimed interior architects Jeffrey Beers and David Rockwell, unprecedented services and amenities, including a private adult-only pool and beach club, Cain at The Cove featuring lavish cabanas, outdoor gaming, and breathtaking views of the ocean at every turn.
- Dolphin Cay is the 14-acre dolphin interaction and education center, which was created with the goal of enlightening visitors about the wonders of these remarkable ocean inhabitants. Atlantis guests have the opportunity to meet and interact with one of the world’s most charismatic animals in an unparalleled encounter that is enriching for both the guests and the dolphin.
- The water features at Atlantis offer endless fun for guests of all ages. The 141-acre waterscape Aquaventure includes eleven total swimming areas including free-form and zero-entry pools; children’s pools; the 120-foot tall iconic Power Tower, which offers a choice of four adrenaline-inducing water slides; The Current, a mile-long river ride with high intensity rapids; snorkeling in the 7-acre protected Paradise Lagoon; water sports. Atlantis also offers: Blue Adventures, which include a shark walk, arid SCUBA and snorkel excursions. Additionally, Atlantis is situated on miles of beautiful white sandy beaches.
- With over 40 restaurants, bars and lounges, Atlantis offers a variety of dining and entertainment experiences, from poolside casual to upscale elegance. Diners can enjoy a traditional Italian meal, continental fare, deli favorites, Chinese dishes, international marketplace buffets, exotic cuisine with Asian influence, the freshest seafood and delectable desserts.
- The flagship Mandara Spa at Atlantis brings together ancient Balinese healing touches, traditional European therapies and natural elements indigenous to The Bahamas. Taking of the Waters offers warm and cold plunge pools as well as steam and sauna rooms in both the women and men’s private lounge areas. Additionally, couples can enjoy the Couple’s Spa Suite and the women’s area includes a relaxing aromatherapy room while the men can indulge in exclusive “Time for Men” barber services or watch the plasma TV in their lounge room.
- The Crystal Court Shops at Atlantis bring haute couture shopping to the duty-free Bahamas, featuring Versace, Cartier, Gucci and David Yurman. Shopping is available throughout the resort in boutiques offering Atlantis souvenirs, jewelry, perfume, clothing and more.
- The finest facility in the Caribbean, The Marina at Atlantis is the ultimate destination for the world’s finest vessels. Offering world-class service and amenities, The Marina features 63 slips accommodating vessels from 40 to 220 feet, and has unrestricted access from Nassau Harbour. Marina guests have full privileges and access to all of Atlantis.