Live Coverage: #8 UVA on the road at #19 Virginia Tech
AFP editor Chris Graham leads our live coverage of #8 UVA vs. #19 Virginia Tech from the cozy confines of the home office. Tip is at 6 p.m. on ACC Network.
- Preview: #8 UVA faces #19 Virginia Tech on ACC Network (!)
Eighth-ranked Virginia gets its toughest test in a month, on the road Saturday at 6 p.m. at #19 Virginia Tech.
- What UVA Basketball fans need to know about Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech availed itself well in its first game without star guard Tyrece Radford, winning 62-51 at Notre Dame on Wednesday, holding the Irish to a season-low in points in the process.
- #19 Virginia Tech wins on the road, controls Notre Dame, 62-51
Virginia Tech, playing without Tyrece Radford, had four players in double figures, and held Notre Dame to its lowest scoring total of the season, in a 62-51 win in South Bend on Wednesday night.
- Virginia: Getting better on D, which, yeah, that’s scary
It’s vogue to think of the Gonzaga loss in the same vein as the late 2013 beatdown at Tennessee, but the 98-75 beatdown the day after Christmas wasn’t a wakeup call for this Virginia team.
- Is this Tony Bennett’s best Virginia offensive unit?
It’s tough enough playing Syracuse’s 2-3 zone because they play it 365 days a year, and you play against it, once, maybe twice. Factor in, then, that Virginia got Syracuse on the back end of a Saturday-Monday double.
- Virginia Tech’s Tyrece Radford ‘suspended indefinitely,’ faces DUI, weapons charges
Virginia Tech basketball sophomore Tyrece Radford was suspended from the team after being arrested on DUI and weapons charges early Sunday morning, according to published reports.