Live Blog: #3 UVA basketball hosts Davidson
|Davidson at No. 3 Virginia|
|Date & Time||Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2014 | 6 p.m.|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | John Paul Jones Arena | 2014-15 Parking|
|Coverage||ESPNU/WatchESPN.com | Listen on Cavaliers Live | Gametracker|
|Additional Information||2014-15 Tickets | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Game Notes|
Third-ranked UVA (11-0) hosts Davidson (9-1) Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Va. Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham is courtside at JPJ to lead a live blog with score updates, commentary, analysis and more.
• Virginia basketball players will be available for post-game autographs at John Paul Jones Arena from 8:15-8:45 p.m.
• Virginia (11-0) seeks its first 12-0 start since 1981-82.
• A win over Davidson would give Virginia its fourth undefeated non-conference regular season since joining the ACC in 1953-54 (1978, 1982 and 2001).
• UVa leads the nation in scoring defense at 46.2 points per game, while Davidson leads the nation in scoring at 87.7 points per game.
• The Cavaliers have shot 50 percent or better for four consecutive games, their longest streak since five games in 1990-91.
• UVa has held opponents under 70 points in a nation-leading 17 consecutive contests.
• UVa owns the nation’s eighth-longest home winning streak at 17 games.
• The Cavaliers limited Harvard and Rutgers to 27 points and 26 points, respectively, marking the first and second fewest points allowed by the Cavaliers in the shot clock era.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell