Jane Dittmar applauds Pittsylvania County on achieving Certified Work Ready status
Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe today announced that Pittsylvania County has joined the ranks of the Certified Work Ready Communities. Pittsylvania joins Henry and Halifax counties, also part of the 5th District, in receiving this certification.
“I am proud of the work that Pittsylvania County has done to achieve this certification status,” Jane Dittmar, candidate to represent Virginia’s 5th District, said. “These are the vital steps that our localities must take in order to prepare workers for the high-tech jobs that are available in Virginia. By offering technical training and readying our workforce for this new sector of jobs, we will make our district and our Commonwealth competitive and attractive to private sector investments that will boost our economy and the earning potential for our families.”
Once in Washington, Dittmar said she plans to seek out grants and federal funding for workforce and technical training programs as well as for broadband internet infrastructure and bring those funds home to the 5th District. “We owe it to the people in the 5th District to give them all the tools they need to be successful and to be able to provide for their families. A good education, necessary skills, job opportunities, and reliable, affordable internet access are all essential.
Dittmar released her jobs plan in May that outlines her job creation tactics for the District:
- Enhance certification programs for high-school graduates and other job seekers,
- Stimulate technical and workforce training programs in targeted fields,
- Support the expansion of public-private partnerships to increase job training opportunities,
- Invest in business incubators and startup spaces throughout the district,
- Expand internet access to facilitate job creation,
- Connect with our state, regional, and local leaders in a cooperative effort to attract new business,
- Identify and secure grants and technical resources from existing federal agencies and programs,
- Collaborate with other members of Congress to pass pro-jobs legislation.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell