Inside the Newsroom: Legal dramas, immigration battle, and it’s co-o-o-ld outside!
Inside the Newsroom with host Crystal Graham and Augusta Free Press editor Chris Graham examines a slew of several ongoing legal and criminal cases, starting with the latest in the allegations against comedian Bill Cosby.
Cosby and his legal and PR team are playing hardball with news outlets reporting on sexual-assault allegations. Chris offers analysis on the wisdom of that strategy, and talks about how editors and investigative reporters approach reporting on sensitive news topics, and how pressure from a newsmaker factors into how reporting is done.
Also on this week’s podcast:
- The latest in the Jesse Matthew investigation. The state medical examiner has confirmed that second-year UVA student Hannah Graham was the victim of a homicide. What are the next steps in that case and related cases involving Matthew?
- Prosecutors are taking the death penalty off the table in the Kevin Quick murder. Why?
- President Obama is set to announce details of his executive order on immigration, and Washington is already reacting even before knowing what he is planning to do. Should we maybe wait to see the order before we fire up the impeachment machine?
- It’s co-o-o-o-o-old outside. Is there any relief in sight from the Novem-brrr Chill?
- Augusta Free Press is headed to New York City for Thanksgiving and a weekend of UVA basketball. More on our plans for coverage of a big weekend in UVA sports.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell