Historic Staunton Foundation’s 38th annual Christmas House Tour
On Sunday, Dec. 5, the public is invited for a spectacular holiday-themed tour of the historic Bindery Building at The Villages of Staunton. Once the property of the former Western State Hospital, the Villages of Staunton is a spectacular adaptive reuse project by Miller & Associates, a developer who is well-known for preservation projects in Richmond and Petersburg.
This year’s tour will feature:
- Five private urban-living homes residences (featuring architectural details from the past) that will be opened exclusively for this event.
- A three-story penthouse “designer showcase” featuring local businesses, artists and artisans (coordinated by local interior designer Maryanne Moffett)
- A lecture by architectural historian, Bryan Green, at 2 p.m. on the fourth floor of the Bindery.
Take advantage of this opportunity to get in the holiday spirit and gain some inspiration for your own decorating. Holiday greenery sale and carriage rides to downtown Staunton will add a festive and memorable holiday experience for your entire family.
- Tickets: $20 in advance/$25 day of the tour at the door
- Tickets available: The Museum Store at the R. R. Smith Center for History and Art, 20 S. New St., The Emporium, 101 E. Beverley St., Blue Mountain Coffees, 12 Byers St., Bookworks, 101 W. Beverley St.
Proceeds support the programs of Historic Staunton Foundation. Find complete tour information at www.historicstaunton.org.