Hiring Filipino freelancers: Quality work with an affordable price tag
The gig economy (or freelance industry) just keeps on booming! According to a study done by PayPal, 2% of the overall Philippine population are freelancers. That’s approximately 1.5 million Filipinos! The study was done last 2018, and as we march towards 2020, it’s safe to expect this number to grow.
Last year, Forbes released the top 10 fastest-growing freelance markets in the world with the Philippines at the 6th spot. Earning a 35% growth in freelance revenue for the second quarter of 2019. That’s huge. But what do Filipinos have that local and international clients prefer hiring them? Few reasons are:
- Quality of work – Filipino freelancers strive to provide the best services to their clients while maintaining professionalism. They under promise but over perform.
- Language proficiency – International clients prefer hiring Filipino freelancers because of their excellent command of the English language in both written and oral. The majority of freelance opportunities taken by Filipinos require conversational to fluent or native level of the English language such as virtual assistant jobs, content writing, and customer service.
- Affordability – Freelancers from the Philippines charge their work at a reasonable price without sacrificing quality.
Rakuboss.ph, an online freelance job marketplace, understands and helps promote Filipino skills not only in the country but also globally. As the number of Filipino freelancers rises, we continue to grow and adjust according to the demands of various industries. They aim to bridge potential clients who wish to provide job opportunities and talented Filipino freelancers who’s willing to sell their sidelines or take on a gig.
In this post, we’ll dive into the nitty-gritty of how the site works, the wide array of job categories and services offered on-site, and why it is the best online job marketplace for both clients and freelancers.
How does Rakuboss.ph work?
A typical online job marketplace allows the freelancer to create an account. The freelancer will then scour the website for clients and job opportunities. If they find something they like, they will pitch their offer and hope for the best.
But Rakuboss.ph is not a typical online job marketplace. In this website, both clients and freelancers are given the power to advertise. Employers can post their job openings or projects, while freelancers can also advertise their craft for the clients to see.
If you’re a client, you can:
- Post a request
- Login to your account.
- Click the dropdown menu beside your avatar. Under ‘Requests,’ choose ‘Post A Request.’
- Supply the details on the form provided.
- Request Title – your project or job opportunity
- Request Description – briefly discuss the important information about the project.
- Category – choose which industry does your project falls into.
- Deadline – let the freelancers know when you need it done.
- Budget – how much you’re willing to shell out for the request.
- Once done, click ‘Post Request’ and wait for freelancers to apply.
- Order a sideline
You can start hiring freelancers even without posting a job yet! All you have to do is:
- Browse the available skills posted by active freelancers on the homepage.
- Read the description and make sure it matches the skills you’re looking for.
- Click ‘Order Now’ if satisfied.
- Go to Cart and settle the payment.
- Monitor your order’s progress from the ‘Manage Requests’ page.
If you’re a freelancer, you can:
- Accept a sideline
Ready to take on a new sideline opportunity? Unleash your cultivated skills and accept a request.
- Choose from a plethora of freelance job listings posted on the site.
- Message client and discuss the details of the project.
- View the accepted request from the ‘My Sidelines’ page.
- Promote your skills
This is where everything gets interesting. Gone are the days when the clients are the only ones permitted to post an ad. Now, freelancers can also promote their craft and skills at a reasonable price.
- Login to your account.
- Click the ‘Sell Your Sideline’ button at the lower right of the screen.
- Supply the details of your offered service:
- Sideline Title
- Sideline Description
- Additional Information (to further discuss your service)
- Delivery Time
- Post your sideline and wait for interested clients to contact you.
What are the services offered?
In spite of being new to the game, Rakuboss.ph features a wide selection of services and skills helpful in different businesses, industries, and projects. Start hiring Filipino freelancers for your sideline at an affordable price.
Sell your skills under these industries:
- Art and Design – Having a party? Launching a business? Promoting on social media? Freelancers can cater to your creative needs; from invitation cards to logo designs or website layout to commissioned artworks.
- IT and Programming – Lay down your worries on all technicalities and let Rakuboss’ Filipino skills sellers overtake. There are active professionals that offer: SEO services, Web Development, WordPress Management, and Technical Support. You don’t have to break a sweat because our freelancers got you covered.
- Music and Narration – Whether you’re a client looking for a music production staff or a freelancer offering voice over talent, we have the ideal avenue to showcase your sideline under this category. Other active advertised skills are; songwriter and composer, track producer, voice dubber, and narrator.
- Writing and Translation – It’s easy to hire writers–there’s a lot of them. But finding a writer who can pen content that converts readers to customers? Once in a blue moon. But it’s okay! Browse through our site to see writers who are either experts on a certain niche or are flexible and generalists. Browse through the site’s freelancers and sellers and hire someone who fits your business.
- Business – A successful business is achieved by a team. A group of people who work towards a common goal. Form your A-team and launch your business with the help of some of our Filipino freelancers’ talents. Go and start hiring freelancers as Virtual Assistants, Social Media Managers, Data Analysts, or Administrative Staff under this category.
- Fun and Lifestyle – We take pride in having freelancers who are health practitioners. Active skill sellers are Private Nurses, Nutritionists, and Caregivers. If you’re inclined more on working out, you can also find Fitness instructors here.
- Videography and Photography – Visual art is very much alive! This day will be the last day you’ll ever have a hard time looking for videographers and photographers during an event. Our freelancers offer video and photo coverage and editing at a reasonable price.
- Divination – Finding one’s inner peace made easy through the help of our freelancers! Fortune Telling and Tarot Card Reading are just some of the skills promoted on-site.
- Travel – Planning a trip can be tedious regardless if you’re going solo or with a group. Good thing Rakuboss.ph got your back. Just visit the site and look for Travel Agents, Tour Guides, or Transportation Services from the Travel category to help you out.
- Love and Relationship – Everybody needs love, don’t you agree? Our website acts as a great avenue for love gurus, relationship experts, and counselors to reach clients who need their words of wisdom and professional advice.
While Filipino freelancers continue to rise in number and talent, Rakuboss.ph vows in keeping both client and freelancer experience on the site as smooth as possible and to make hiring Filipino freelancers easy, safe, and affordable.
This content has been created by Excelsis Borbon.