Harrisonburg holiday parade road closures
The Parade will begin at 7:30pm and will travel North on Main Street in downtown Harrisonburg. After the parade, Major Jones will host a tree lighting ceremony on Court Square featuring the JMU Marching Royal Dukes. Official Street Closures for Parade will be as follows:
– Main Street (Route 11 North) will be closed from MLK Jr. Way to Gay Street
– The left lane of Liberty Street (Route 11 South) will be closed from West Bruce Street to MLK Jr. Way. The right lane will be open to South bound traffic, but vehicles will only be able to make right turns onto MLK Jr. Way.
– The West bound lane of MLK Jr Way between South Main Street and South Mason Street will be closed. All traffic will have to turn onto South Mason towards East Market Street or South Mason towards Grace Street.
– The East bound lane of MLK Jr. Way between South High Street and South Main Street will be closed.
– The South bound lanes of South Main Street between MLK Jr. Way and Grace Street will be closed for Emergency Services staging and access to the parade.
– The Memorial Hall parking lot will be used for parade line-up staging.
– The Turner Pavilion Lot will be used for parade staging.
– Both the Elizabeth Street and Water Street parking decks will be open for public use and access.
– There will be no public parking along Main Street from MLK Jr. Way to Gay Street. All participants and attendees must park in surrounding lots or open street parking.
Main Street will reopen tentatively at 10:30pm depending on crowd levels at the discretion of HPD and Harrisonburg Public Works.
For more information about the Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting, please call 540-433-9168 or visit www.downtownharrisonburg.org/events/holiday-parade-tree-lighting