Get ready for Small Business Saturday in Staunton
I admit I have a love affair with the business owners of Staunton, Virginia. There. I said it. I can’t help it though! For starters, each one has thrown his or her entire being into sharing their passion with our entire city. Then, when some strange woman calls them and says, “I know you don’t know me, but I started a website and want you to take time out of your day to share your story with me . . . .” they each answer with an enthusiastic “Yes!” So I felt inspired to try to repay them by helping to make Small Business Saturday in Staunton a fun, inviting day in our city!
I am proud to say that Staunton Insider was approved as a Neighborhood Champion from the Small Business Team at American Express. They sent some fun swag, like shopping bags and buttons, that will be handed out to shoppers at the event I have planned! What event? Hmmmm . . .
SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY MINI-SPA
On Saturday, November 29, 2014, come shop downtown Staunton! Stroll the many unique retail locations for gifts that you won’t find in a big box store. While here, stop for a rest at 16 West Beverley Street where you will find a pop-up oasis for shoppers hosted by Staunton Insider! Check out some of the offerings:
Below are the details of everyone, so far, who will be setting up a mini day-spa at 16 West during Small Business Saturday, along with what they are offering for that day:
- Joy Boardman, of Planet Joy – will be selling t-shirts, offering mini-collage experiences, + gift certificates.
- Hope Staton of Integrative Health Therapies, along with Clarke Staton of Integrative Health Therapies – will have Aromatherapy items for sale as well as gift certificates. Hope & Clarke will raffle off a gift basket, have goodie bags, and chair massages in exchange for donations (money or can goods) to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank.
- Rachel Heneberry, of Heneberry Chiropractic – will be offering specials
- Christine Flory of Flory Fitness – will be selling gift certificates & adding one free personal training session to any gift certificate purchased that day.
- Jessica Troop, of The Balanced Dog, LLC – will be selling gift certificates, natural homemade dog treats, and raffling off a quilted dog bed to benefit an area no-kill shelter.
- Anne Buzzelli of BuzzNutrition – will be selling 25% off gift certificates for neurofeedback sessions.
- Kevyn Burn BSN RN of Light of Life Energy Medicine – will be offering her Healing Touch energy medicine.
In addition, shoppers who stop by will be given canvas #ShopSmall tote bags for their purchases, each containing some free goodies, and encouraged to go back out and shop downtown Staunton!
DON’T FORGET THE ENTERTAINMENT
Of course, there has to be entertainment! Have you ever tried shopping with kids in tow? They get whiny and cranky and worn out . . . . and we’re talking about the adults! So, while at 16 West, enjoy the magical stylings of Staunton’s very own wizard, Redbeard the Pink! He’s been working on some magical new wonders with which to delight audiences and may have some goodies for sale as well!
PLUS AN EXCITING GIVEAWAY!
In addition, Staunton Insider is pleased to host an exciting giveaway! We want the whole world to peep Staunton’s Small Business Saturday shopping experience. I encourage you to snap a picture of your shopping journey that day for a chance to win one of FOUR $25 Downtown Staunton Gift Cards. Entering is easy:
- Capture a photo of your favorite decorated window or a purchase you made or any part of your shopping experience that you enjoyed.
- Upload it to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Use the hashtag #SmallBizStaunton.
- Do it by 11:59 PM on Sunday, November 30, 2014.
I will randomly choose FOUR winners on Monday, December 1, 2014! Each winner will receive a $25 Staunton Downtown Gift Card that can be used at over 130 downtown locations!
This year’s Small Business Saturday promises to be another fun, imaginative day in our beautiful city. I can’t wait to see you there! #ShopSmall this holiday season!