Gas prices up slightly over past week
Gas prices in Virginia are 16.8 cents per gallon higher than a month ago and stand 49.0 cents per gallon lower than a year ago.
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 1.2 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $2.17/g today. The national average is up 14.9 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 58.1 cents per gallon lower than a year ago.
Historical gasoline prices in Virginia and the national average going back ten years:
- July 6, 2019: $2.49/g (U.S. Average: $2.75/g)
- July 6, 2018: $2.63/g (U.S. Average: $2.86/g)
- July 6, 2017: $2.04/g (U.S. Average: $2.26/g)
- July 6, 2016: $2.08/g (U.S. Average: $2.25/g)
- July 6, 2015: $2.57/g (U.S. Average: $2.76/g)
- July 6, 2014: $3.47/g (U.S. Average: $3.65/g)
- July 6, 2013: $3.33/g (U.S. Average: $3.47/g)
- July 6, 2012: $3.18/g (U.S. Average: $3.36/g)
July 6, 2011: $3.43/g (U.S. Average: $3.57/g)
July 6, 2010: $2.56/g (U.S. Average: $2.69/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Roanoke- $1.95/g, up 1.4 cents per gallon from last week’s $1.93/g.
- Richmond- $1.98/g, up 2.3 cents per gallon from last week’s $1.95/g.
- West Virginia- $2.19/g, down 0.7 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.20/g.
GasBuddy data is accessible at FuelInsights.GasBuddy.com.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell