- The fourth-ranked Cavaliers seek their third NCAA Final Four berth and first since 1984.
- UVA topped Syracuse 73-65 earlier this season and has a three-game winning streak in the series.
- The Virginia-Syracuse game will be televised on TBS and streamed online at NCAA.com (March Madness on Demand).
- The UVA-Syracuse game will be broadcast on the Virginia Sports Radio Network and Westwood One/NCAA Radio Network on Sirius (84) and XM (84).
- Live statistics will be located on VirginiaSports.com and Virginia Sports app.
The Head Coaches
- Virginia: Tony Bennett (Green Bay, 1992), 165-71 in seven seasons at UVA and 234-104 in 10 seasons overall.
- Syracuse: Jim Boeheim (Syracuse, 1966), 883-341 in 40 seasons at Syracuse.
All-Time in The NCAA Tournament
- The Cavaliers are making their sixth NCAA Regional final appearance (1981, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1995, 2016) and first since 1995.
- Virginia is 28-19 all-time in 20 NCAA Tournament appearances.
- UVA is making its third consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance for the first time since 1993-95.
- UVA earned its fifth No. 1 seed and second in the last three seasons.
- UVA has a 12-4 record as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- UVA reached the NCAA Final Four in 1981 and 1984.
- Virginia head coach Tony Bennett is 9-5 all-time in the NCAA Tournament (six appearances), including a 6-3 mark at UVA.
All-Time vs. Syracuse
- UVA is 4-3 all-time against Syracuse, including a 1-1 mark in the NCAA Tournament, in the series that dates back to 1983-84.
- UVA posted a 63-55 win over Syracuse in the East Regional semifinals in 1984 and a 63-61 loss to the Orange in the second round of the 1990 NCAA Tournament in Richmond, Va.
- Head coach Tony Bennett is 3-0 all-time against Syracuse.
- Malcolm Brogdon is Virginia’s current career leading scorer against Syracuse, averaging 16.7 points in three career games.
- Anthony Gill is averaging 12.3 points and 6.3 rebounds in three games against Syracuse.
- London Perrantes has chipped in 10.7 points and 8.0 assists per game in three games against Syracuse.
Last Time vs. The Orange
- Malcolm Brogdon tallied 21 points to lead then-No. 13 Virginia to a 73-65 win over Syracuse on Jan. 24.
- London Perrantes added 16 points, seven assists and career-high four steals for the Cavaliers.
- Anthony Gill added 16 points for the Cavaliers, who out-rebounded the Orange 31-28 and shot 56.8 percent.
- Michael Gbiniji had 24 points for the Orange, while Malachi Richardson added 23.
- Syracuse went 13-30 from 3-point range and UVA was 8-18.
Last Time Out
- Anthony Gill finished with a season-high 23 points, and Mike Tobey came off the bench to score 18, leading the top-seeded Cavaliers to an 84-71 victory in the Midwest Region semifinals.
- UVA shot 56.1 percent from the field and scored a season-high 52 points in the paint.
- UVA shot 60.7 percent in the first half to jump to a 45-31 halftime edge.
- Georges Niang scored 30 points to lead Iowa State.
- UVA out-rebounded ISU 33-24 and dished out 26 assists.
NCAA Tournament Notes
- Anthony Gill is averaging 20.3 points and 7.7 rebounds per game, both team highs.
- Malcolm Brogdon (15.0) and Mike Tobey (12.0) also are averaging in double figures.
- As a team, UVA is averaging 80.7 points per game and outscoring its opponents by 19 points per game.
- UVA is shooting 55.7 percent from the field.
- UVA has averaged 39.3 points per game in the paint.
On The Horizon
- The Virginia-Syracuse winner advances to the NCAA Final Four in Houston, Texas, on Thursday, March 31.