Game Notes: Virginia travels to Notre Dame for Saturday ACC showdown
Virginia (12-8, 6-4 ACC) travels to Notre Dame (13-6, 6-2 ACC) for an ACC contest on Saturday. Tipoff at Purcell Pavilion is set for 6 p.m.
- The Virginia-Notre Dame game will be televised on ACC Network and streamed online at WatchESPN.com and ESPN App.
- The game will also be broadcast on Virginia Sports Radio Network, VirginiaSports.com and Virginia Sports app.
- Live statistics will be available on VirginiaSports.com and Virginia Sports app.
- UVA is led by its returning backcourt of Kihei Clark (9.2 ppg & 4.2 apg) and Reece Beekman (8 ppg, 5.0 apg, 3.8 rpg & 2.3 spg), and the additions of transfers Jayden Gardner (14 ppg & 6.7 rpg) and Armaan Franklin (12.2 ppg).
- The Cavaliers added transfers Gardner (East Carolina) and Franklin (Indiana) to fill the void left by standouts Sam Hauser (16 ppg), Jay Huff (13 ppg) and Trey Murphy III (11.3 ppg).
- Gardner averaged 18.5 points and 8.9 rebounds in 79 career games at East Carolina, while Franklin averaged 11.4 points and shot 42.5 percent from 3-point range in 2020-21.
- Kadin Shedrick (6.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg & 2.7 bpg) and Francisco Caffaro (4.2 ppg & 4 rpg) anchor the paint. Shedrick started the first 16 games, while Caffaro has started the last four contests.
- Kody Stattmann (38.9% 3FGs), Taine Murray (38.1% 3FGs), Igor MiliĉićJr. (36.4% 3FGs) and Carson McCorkle (33.3% 3FGs) provide perimeter shooting off the bench.