Game Notes: Virginia set to face top seed Notre Dame on Friday at ACC Tournament
The contest will be carried live on Regional Sports Networks as well as ACCNX.
A list of networks scheduled to carry Virginia’s ACC Tournament games can be found here: theacc.com/sports/2017/9/8/acc-on-rsn.aspx.
The game is also available on ACCNX but is subject to blackout. In addition, Friday’s game can be heard locally on WINA (98.9 FM/1070 AM) and anywhere on WINA.com. Links for the broadcasts and in-game live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
Fans can also follow the Virginia baseball official twitter account (@UVABaseball) for in-game updates.
- Virginia: LHP Andrew Abbott (7-5, 2.83 ERA, 82.2 IP, 27 BB, 127 SO)
- Notre Dame: LHP John Michael Bertrand (7-1, 2.77 ERA, 74.2 IP, 19 BB, 57 SO)
- Coming into Friday, Virginia (28-22) has won six of its last seven games and nine of its last 12.
- Notre Dame (29-10) will be the third opponent for UVA ranked inside the top-10 of D1Baseball’s national poll this season. Virginia took two out of three against then-No. 6 Georgia Tech and dropped two out of three at home against then-No. 7 Louisville in the regular season. The Cavaliers are 5-10 against nationally ranked foes this season.
- In the regular season series, the Irish swept the Cavaliers in Charlottesville for the first time ever. Notre Dame belted seven home runs in the series and outscored Virginia 30-12. Prior to this season, the Cavaliers had won each of the three ACC series played against the Irish.