Game 9 Preview: ODU vs. Marshall
• Old Dominion returns home from a two game road trip to host Marshall on Saturday, Nov. 5 at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on the American Sports Network.
• Old Dominion is coming off of a 31-21 victory at UTEP on Saturday, while Marshall lost at Southern Miss, 24-14.
• Junior running back Ray Lawry had his first 100-yard rushing game since week two at App State, rushing for 131 yards on 17 carries and two touchdowns in the win at UTEP. Lawry carried 12 times for 110 yards in the second half.
• Jonathan Duhart recorded five catches for 155 yards, including a career long 77 yard reception that set up a one-yard Lawry touchdown run. The 77-yarder is the longest offensive play so far this season for the ODU offense.
• Quarterback David Washington completed 14-of-22 passes for a season-high 262 yards and two touchdowns. He now has 16 touchdown passes on the year to just three interceptions.
• Sophomore safety Sean Carter was one of six defensive players to record six tackles, and notched his second interception of the season. He is tied with Aaron Young for the team lead.
• Linebacker TJ Ricks is one tackle away from tying Fellonte Misher for second on the ODU all-time tackles list with 288. Craig Wilkins holds the record with 340.
The ODU defense forced two more turnovers in the win at UTEP. Sean Carter notched an interception while C.J. Bradshaw forced a fumble that Oshane Ximines recovered. David Washington threw a second quarter interception but ODU was +1 on the game to remain fourth in the country in turnover margin at +10.
FBS Turnover Margin
44 Straight and Counting
Senior wide receiver Zach Pascal has caught a pass in 44-straight games, every game he has played in at ODU. The streak is tied for the second longest in the country.
Pascal had three catches for 42 yards in the win at UTEP
|Robert Davis||Georgia State||45|
|Zach Pascal||Old Dominion||44|
|Corey Davis||Western Michigan||44|
|Zay Jones||East Carolina||43|
Ricks Back For More
Old Dominion senior linebacker TJ Ricks set the ODU single-season record for tackles last season with 123. He currently ranks third on the ODU career tackles charts with 281. He is currently 54 tackles away from breaking Wilkins’ record with four regular season games remaining.
Rank Player Tackles Needed
1. Craig Wilkins 340 54
2. Fellonte Misher 288 1
3. TJ Ricks 287