Game 7 Preview: ODU at Western Kentucky
Old Dominion and WKU have met twice, with WKU winning both contests. The first meeting was a track meet in Bowling Green, as WKU won 66-51. The Hilltoppers won in Norfolk last season, 55-30.
ODU vs. WKU Series Results
2015 – ODU vs. WKU – L, 55-30
2014 – ODU at WKU – L, 66-51
• For the second time in three seasons, Old Dominion travels to WKU following the bye week.
• For the third-straight game, the ODU defense held an opponent under 20 points. The Monarchs have done that one time previously in school history, when they did it four weeks in a row in 2009.
• Sophomore running back Jeremy Cox set career highs with 24 carries for 162 yards and two touchdowns in the win over UMass. Cox now has scored seven touchdowns in his last three games.
• Senior quarterback David Washington completed 20-of-35 passes for 248 yards and one touchdown. He also rushed for 15 yards.
• In two Conference USA games, Washington is 35-of-60 for 463 yards and five touchdowns passes, with one interception. He has also rushed for 98 yards and one touchdown.
• Junior safety Justice Davila led the ODU defense with nine tackles and a pass breakup. Davila is third on the team with 35 tackles.
• Safety Rob Thompson and linebacker Shadow Williams registered the first interceptions of their careers.
• Redshirt freshman kicker Brad Davis notched his first career multi-field goal game, knocking in three field goals and three extra points.
• ODU’s 522 yards of total offense against UMass was a season high.
• Seniors David Washington, Zach Pascal, Rashaad Coward and TJ Ricks are this year’s captains.
For the third straight game, the ODU defense kept an opponent under 20 points. This is the first time the Monarch D has done this since 2009, when Old Dominion did it four-straight weeks.
Defense Last Three Weeks Pts. Allowed
Team Pts. Allowed
The Old Dominion defense forced two more turnovers against UMass, with interceptions from Rob Thompson and Shadow Williams. The Monarchs offense did not turn the ball over and ODU now sits third in the FBS with a +9 turnover margin.
FBS Turnover Margin
Rk. Team Margin
1. Washington +13
2. Western Michigan +12
3. Old Dominion +9
Old Dominion’s defense has been much improved over the last three years, and has made tremendous progress so far this season. The defense is currently second in Conference USA in total defense and second in the league in scoring defense.
C-USA Total Defense
Rk. Team Total Yards
1. Southern Miss 336.3
2. Old Dominion 380.8
C-USA Scoring Defense
Rk. Team Total Yards
1. UTSA 24.3
2. Old Dominion 25.5
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell