Game 12 Preview: ODU vs. Florida International
• Old Dominion defeated Florida Atlantic last week, outscoring the Owls 29-3 in the second half on its way to a 42-24 victory. FIU defeated Marshall, 31-14
• A week after the defense had a record-setting day, the offense took their turn at Florida Atlantic. ODU churned out 623 yards, the eighth most in school history and second most since joining FBS (second to 643 at WKU in 2014).
• Senior quarterback David Washington had a career day, completing 26-of-36 passes for 416 yards and five touchdowns. He also rushed for 21 yards for 437 yards of total offense.
• Zach Pascal notched his 11th career 100-yard receiving game, marking season highs with nine catches for 178 yards and a touchdown. He is seven catches away from tying Antonio Vaughan for the school record in receptions.
• Junior running back Ray Lawry notched his 16th 100-yard rushing game of his career, carrying 25 times for 117 yards. Sophomore back Jeremy Cox had 11 attempts for 63 yards, and caught an 84-yard touchdown pass from Washington. The 84-yard score was the longest ODU offensive play since the Monarchs joined FBS.
Lawry vs. FIU
Lawry has enjoyed playing against several Conference USA opponents, and FIU is one of them. He has a pair of 100 yard games against the Panthers.
ODU has turned the ball over six times this season, the second fewest turnovers in the country. Only Western Michigan has fewer turnovers with five. The Monarchs have thrown four interceptions and lost two fumbles on the year.
Davis Hitting His Stride
Redshirt freshman kicker Brad Davis has improved each work for the Monarchs. Before his 38-yard field goal attempt at the end of the first half hit the left upright, Davis had made nine consecutive field goals, including a 43-yarder at UTEP. He has five touchbacks on the season, which is tied for an FBS low, however, ODU’s kick return defense is the seventh best in FBS. Davis has varied his kicks, kicking them deep, short pop ups and line drives.
Old Dominion has 15 student-athletes that will be honored in a pregame ceremony against FIU. Six of the 15 are the final FCS recruits from the 2012 recruiting class.
* FCS Recruit
! Started career as a walk-on