First Fridays returns in Harrisonburg
Item by Chris Graham
It’s time for the First Fridays Art Walk this Friday in Downtown Harrisonburg.
The art walk runs from 5-7 p.m., and featuers a star-studded lineup again this month.
– The Darrin-McHone Arts Gallery in the Smith House – “Fantastic Reality”, a colorful, playful body of mixed media works. A group show featuring the two and three dimensional work of regional artists Leslie Allyn, Ken Faraoni and Greg Ballou.
– The 150 Franklin Street Gallery – Multicultural Art at its Best – featuring a new exhibit of wonderful prints by Charles Bibb for the month of June. Also Panama style needlework by Bibi Ferrenbach, and giclees by Marquita Willis.
– Larkin Art Studios – Artist Andrew Connor opens a new show titled “Botanical Extravaganza”. You have to see it to believe it!
– The Hardesty-Higgins House – Hosting the elegant sounds of Round Hill Recorder Consort. Recorders are early woodwind instruments in the flute family. The musicians will be dressed in renaissance clothing playing selections from Baroque to Classical, and Contemporary to Ballads.
– Laughing Dog T-Shirts and Gifts – Showcasing the collaborative paintings of Julie and Scott Keen for the month of June.
– Oasis – Featured artist is Diana Branscome, a glass artist from the Charlottesville area who makes bowls, vessels and jewelry from various types of glass.
– Linda Hoover- Financial Planner – Featuring art by Jim Colville and the woodworking of artisan David Sutton.
-Harrisonburg Children’s Museum – Free admission!
For updated information on First Fridays, go to www.ValleyArts.org