First Fridays Art Walk this week
Item by Chris Graham
The First Fridays Art Walk in Downtown Harrisonburg will have a patriotic flavor of sorts.
The Art Walk will be held from 1-4 p.m. on Friday, the Fourth, and will coincide with the Valley 4th Celebration in Harrisonburg.
There will be a guided art walk at 3 p.m. beginning in front of the Smith House at 311 S. Main St.
Participating venues this month include:
– Darrin-McHone Arts Gallery in the Smith House: Architectural photographs of Downtown Harrisonburg, on loan from Dr. Kathleen Arthur.
– Larkin Art Studios: Denise Kanter, showing figurative paintings and a pottery sale featuring artists including Jon McMillan and Nathan Horst.
– The Hardesty-Higgins House: Display of the Virginia 9/11 Memorial Quilt highlighting Patriotism through Quilting.
– The 150 Franklin Street Gallery: Multicultural Art at its Best – featuring recent Tree Studies by Margot Bergman for the month of July. Also prints by Charles Bibb and Marquita Willis. Refreshments.
– Oasis Gallery: Featured artist for the month will be Jim Harris, showing his acrylic stained-glass paintings. Also showcasing inspiring patriotic creations by Oasis members.
– Harrisonburg Children’s Museum- Open from 3-7 p.m. with patriotic crafts for all ages, free admission.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell