First Fridays Art Walk this week
Item by Chris Graham
The First Fridays Art Walk in Downtown Harrisonburg will have a patriotic flavor of sorts.
The Art Walk will be held from 1-4 p.m. on Friday, the Fourth, and will coincide with the Valley 4th Celebration in Harrisonburg.
There will be a guided art walk at 3 p.m. beginning in front of the Smith House at 311 S. Main St.
Participating venues this month include:
– Darrin-McHone Arts Gallery in the Smith House: Architectural photographs of Downtown Harrisonburg, on loan from Dr. Kathleen Arthur.
– Larkin Art Studios: Denise Kanter, showing figurative paintings and a pottery sale featuring artists including Jon McMillan and Nathan Horst.
– The Hardesty-Higgins House: Display of the Virginia 9/11 Memorial Quilt highlighting Patriotism through Quilting.
– The 150 Franklin Street Gallery: Multicultural Art at its Best – featuring recent Tree Studies by Margot Bergman for the month of July. Also prints by Charles Bibb and Marquita Willis. Refreshments.
– Oasis Gallery: Featured artist for the month will be Jim Harris, showing his acrylic stained-glass paintings. Also showcasing inspiring patriotic creations by Oasis members.
– Harrisonburg Children’s Museum- Open from 3-7 p.m. with patriotic crafts for all ages, free admission.