Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, Oct. 28
- Staunton: Fisher Auto Parts Parking Lot next to Augusta Health’s Urgent Care on Statler Blvd.
- Waynesboro: Walmart Neighborhood Market at 1211 West Broad Street
- Verona: Augusta County Sheriff’s Office Parking Lot (127 Lee Highway, Verona)
Drug Take Back Day is a safe way for the community to dispose of prescription, over-the-counter and pet medicines. This is a coordinated statewide effort between law enforcement agencies, hospitals and healthcare providers and community service organizations.
Locally, this effort is coordinated by the Home Instead Senior Care, Augusta Health, the Staunton Police Department and the Waynesboro Police Department, Augusta County Sheriff’s Office, Greater Augusta Prevention Partners and the Central Shenandoah Health District.
- Drive through, drop off, no questions asked.
- Medicine does not have to be in original containers. If it is, identifying information should be removed or marked out. Needles and ‘Sharps’ are not allowed.