Dominion Energy prepares for Hurricane Florence
Dominion Energy is tracking Hurricane Florence’s path closely as the major storm is forecast to hit the East Coast by late Thursday. The company is preparing for significant impacts, including high winds and flooding, across its service area in North Carolina and Virginia. Customers in both states are urged to prepare now for a multi-day storm that could bring dangerous conditions and widespread outages.
“We are closely monitoring Hurricane Florence and preparing for any effect it may have on our customers. While its exact track remains uncertain, confidence is increasing that Florence could have a substantial impact on Virginia and North Carolina,” said Ed Baine, senior vice president – Electric Distribution. “We urge our customers to use this time to get ready as well.”
The company encourages customers to:
- Set up an online account to easily report and track power outages from any mobile device.
- Update your contact information with Dominion Energy, including a mobile phone number.
- Bookmark our website, DominionEnergy.com, on your mobile device to quickly report outages.
- Put together an emergency prep kit that includes:
- Batteries and flashlights/lanterns
- Bottle water (1 gallon per person, per day)
- Cash (power outages could affect ATM machines)
- Non-perishable foods
- First aid kit, medications and hygiene items
- Vehicle phone charger
- Customers with portable generators should purchase adequate fuel, and review the product’s safety instructions before operation.
More information can be found by visiting: www.dominionenergy.com/