Dominion Energy donates $1.6M to nonprofits meeting community needs
Totaling $1.6 million, the grants will support essential human services.
This is the fifth year the company has awarded more than $1 million to meet critical community needs.
“We are pleased to support our nonprofit partners as they work to make positive impacts in our communities,” said Hunter A. Applewhite, president of the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation. “These grants are intended to support the most basic needs—food, shelter and medical care for our neighbors in need.”
Applications were open to eligible organizations in targeted areas of Connecticut, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, and other areas within Dominion Energy’s footprint. A few examples of this year’s grant-winning recipients include:
- Cleveland Hearing and Speech Center (Cleveland, Ohio) to offer support services, including access to health care, shelter and food to clients who are deaf.
- Community Kitchen (Bennettsville, S.C.) to serve nutritious lunches, 52 weeks a year, every Monday through Friday, to those less fortunate in the community.
- Community Nursing Services (Salt Lake City, Utah) to vaccinate uninsured or underinsured Utahans.
- Food for Thought (Kitty Hawk, N.C.) to distribute healthy meals for needy Dare County students.
- Homeless No More (Columbia, S.C.) for wraparound services for children living at their Family Emergency Shelter and St. Lawrence Place’s transitional housing program.
- Neighborhood Health (Alexandria, Va.) to offer dental care to uninsured Alexandria City Public School students through the “WOW Bus,” a mobile dental unit that visits the schools for onsite exams and care.
- Rx Drug Access Partnership (Richmond, Va.) to provide essential medication to uninsured Virginians living at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Thames Valley Council for Community Action (New London County, Conn.) to provide seniors with nutritious meals served daily at local senior centers or deliver to seniors who are homebound.
For more on charitable giving programs, visit Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation.
About the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation
Nearly 7.5 million customers in 18 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from Dominion Energy (NYSE: D). Through its Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, as well as EnergyShare and other programs, Dominion Energy contributed $48 million in 2019 to community causes. The Foundation supports nonprofit causes that meet basic human needs, protect the environment, promote education, and encourage community vitality. Please visit www.DominionEnergy.com to learn more.
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell