We at Augusta Free Press are doing our best to provide you with links that your might find important. Send additional links or information to our news team at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Quick Links
- Parent Resources
- Find a Food Pantry (BRAFB)
- Public School Meals for Students
- Donate to Local Response Fund (CFCBR)
- Volunteer in Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County
- Request Assistance (Mutual Aid SAW)
- SAW Resource List (Mutual Aid SAW)
- File an Unemployment Claim
Economic Impact Payments: What you need to know
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service announced that distribution of economic impact payments began Saturday, April 11, 2020. The payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers. No further action is needed by most taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019 and most seniors and retirees. Read more.
Funding for self-employed, independent contractors, gig workers
The CARES Act includes a provision of temporary benefits for individuals who are not eligible for regular/traditional unemployment insurance. These individuals may include those who are self-employed, independent contractors, gig economy workers, clergy and those working for religious organizations as well as others who may not be covered by the regular/traditional UI program. Read more.
- Virginia Governor: If you are in need of food during this time, text FOOD or COMIDA to 877877 to learn more about feeding sites near you.
- Waynesboro YMCA: Need help during the crisis? Childcare? Financial aid? Work? Supplies? Text “NEEDHELP” to 855-444-YMCA
- Waynesboro YMCA: Want to volunteer? Deliver supplies, pickup groceries, distribute food, etc. Text “VOLUNTEER” to 855-444-YMCA
- 211: If you need assistance finding essential services amid COVID-19 restrictions, or if you simply want to keep up with updates on COVID-19 in your community, 211 operators are available to help.
- Charlottesville Area Community Foundation Emergency Assistance: For Charlottesville, Albemarle, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Nelson and Orange, Community Resource Hotline, call (434) 234-4490
Community Foundation Fund/Surveys
- Local Response Fund Information (Donate online)
- Local Nonprofit Organization Survey
- Local Business Survey
- Augusta County Disaster Relief Loan Program: Augusta County has enacted an emergency loan fund for Augusta County businesses. Loans are available for up to $5,000 and at 0% interest. Read more.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance: Applicants can now choose to receive a $10,000 grant immediately upon application. If the applicant is not awarded the loan, the grant does not have to be returned. Read more.
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program: Offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time. More info.
- Family First Coronavirus Response Act: Provides refundable payroll tax credits for small and midsize businesses. More info.
- Federal Disaster Loan Assistance: Funds can be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills that can’t be paid because of the virus’ impact. Apply now.
- Paycheck Protection Program: This CARES Act program is designed to help small businesses keep workers employed. Applicants can apply beginning April 3. Importantly, the loans associated with this program may be forgiven if borrowers maintain their payrolls during the crisis or restore their payrolls afterward. Info.
- Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Board Grants: SVWDB has received Virginia Rapid Response funding to assist employers eligible to remain open during this emergency. Read more.
- Small Business Development Center: Provide assistance with Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) for Virginia-based businesses; email SBDC@jmu.edu or call (540) 568-3227
- Staunton Creative Community Fund: Currently working with business oners to identify and build financial resources to support businesses. For funding information, email Debbie Irwin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more.
- Virginia 30 Day Fund: Designed to be quick, easy, and free of red tape, for small business owners to keep employees on board in the near term. The Fund will provide up to $3,000 to each approved small business. Read more.
- Virginia Employment Commission: Unemployment will be processed for those who have experienced a lay off or reduction in hours due to the Coronavirus. Get started here.
- Virginia Rapid Response COVID-19 Business Support Initiative: Assists employers eligible to remain open during this emergency. Funds are reserved for small businesses (250 employers or less) and may be used to clean facilities and support emergency needs. The grant will support layoff aversion strategies and activities designed to prevent, or minimize the duration of unemployment resulting from layoffs due to COVID-19. Read more.
- Waynesboro Economic Development Authority: Emergency loan fund enacted; email Staff@WaynesboroBusiness.com
- Harrisonburg Disaster Impact Loan Program
- Regional COVID-19 Business Support Task Force: Coordinate support and resources for businesses in the Harrisonburg and Rockingham area. Read more.
- U.S. Small Business Administration: COVID-19 Guidance & Loan Resources Go to website. Video explaining loans. Application here.
- Community Foundation of Central Blue Ridge: Survey available to assess the needs of business owners; complete here.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Funds: Please take this brief survey to provide data essential to get disaster funds. Get started at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7RMY8SH
- American Red Cross Blood Donation
- Augusta Health COVID-19 Info
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank COVID-19 Response
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Central Shenandoah Health District
- Charlottesville Area Community Foundation Emergency Assistance Hotline: (434) 234-4490
- City of Staunton COVID-19 Newsroom
- City of Waynesboro COVID-19 Resource Page
- Community Foundation Business Survey
- Community Resources for Counseling Services (Telehealth)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Department of Labor
- DIY Hand Sanitizer Recipe (WHO)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center)
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations (CDC)
- Fact vs Fiction with Dr. Sanjay Gupta
- Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters
- Federal Trade Commission (report scams)
- Free Video Email for Teachers
- Greater Augusta Chamber COVID-19 Resource Page
- Guided Meditation Resource
- Mental Health and COVID-19
- Military Health System Guidance
- National Council for Behavioral Health
- Salvation Army Waynesboro
- Scribd Library free for 30 days (no credit card required)
- Sentara Healthcare Coronavirus Info
- Staunton VA Shop Local COVID-19 Group
- Support Cville
- Thomas Jefferson Health District COVID-19 Hotline: 434-972-6261
- Town of Shenandoah Updates
- Travel Information (Source: CDC)
- United Way Local Resources
- U.S. COVID-19 Tracker
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (Food and Pet Safety)
- UVA Health Coronovirus
- Virginia Cooperative Extension COVID-19 Resources
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Department of Health Resources
- Virginia Hospital COVID-19 Dashboard
- What to Buy and How Much (Quarantine)
- World Health Organization
- 100 Activities to Do at Home
- 4-H Healthy Living Guide
- 4-H Inspire Kid to Do Activity Guide
- Animal Cams (Adventure Journal)
- Augusta County Library Curbside Service
- Augusta County Resources for Families
- Berenstain Bears Interactive
- Bookends with Julia on Facebook Live
- Broadway Plays and Musicals (Watch from Home)
- Buckingham Palace Tours
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari Facebook Live (Weekdays at 3 p.m. EDT)
- Cooking Series with Massimo Bottura
- Comcast Internet Essentials Info
- Dance for Kids via Facebook Live (Monday/Wednesday 5:15pm EST, Saturday at 10am EST)
- Education companies offering free subscriptions
- Educational resources
- Explore Virginia Resource List (Virginia Tourism)
- How to Talk to your Kids about Coronavirus (PBS)
- Make (Free Art Lessons)
- Learn to Code for Kids
- Math Card Games for Students
- Metropolitan Opera Streams, Live in HD Catalog
- Mindfullness Classes for Kids
- Monticello Guided Virtual Tours
- Mo Willems Lunch Doodle: Mondays at 1 p.m.
- Museum Virtual Tours
- NASA Media Library
- National Aquarium Live Feeds
- Online Education Programs (Scholastic)
- Online Music Lessons for Kids (JMU)
- Outdoor Activities for Kids from Wildrock
- Public School Meals for Students
- Read-Alouds for All Ages
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Education Day Curriculum
- Science for Kids (NOAA)
- Sesame Street Free Resources
- Science Mom and Math Dad daily show, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Special Education Websites (The Speed Guru)
- Storyline Online (Storytellers reading books)
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus
- U.S. National Parks 360-Degree Virtual Tours
- Virginia Museum of History & Culture
- Virtual Field Trips
- Virtual Field Trips
- Visit from the Frizz Storytimes
- Weather Lessons from The Weather Channel (:20 past the hour, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST)
- Weekend Ideas (CNN)
- WHRO Online Courses for Teachers and Students
- Wildlife Center of Virginia Critter Cams
- Zoom Videoconferencing Tools for Free (for Students and Teachers)
- Postcard to offer to help seniors (download)
- Quarantined Italian tenor sings from Florence balcony
- Spanish residents applaud health workers
- Quarantined Italians sing together