Construction begins July 13 on Greenbrier Drive/Rio Road pedestrian crossing
Traffic control measures will be in place to coordinate turns in and out of Greenbrier Drive. In the upcoming weeks, sidewalk access will be affected. Signs will be in place to alert pedestrians.
This project was designed to connect residences with the bus stop across E. Rio Road and to improve pedestrian access in the area. It is one of nine Neighborhood Improvement Funding Initiative program projects initiated through a community-driven process.
Features of the project include:
- Crosswalks on all 4 corners of the Greenbrier Dr. Rio Rd. intersection.
- Pushbuttons on the pedestals for the crossing notification, audible warning included.
- Programmed signal length for Crossing (start, stop, countdown clock for crossing).
- ADA notification pad (yellow raised bumped surface) at all crosswalks.
- Pedestal signal heads for easy viewing.
Questions about this project? Contact Project Manager Neale Craft firstname.lastname@example.org
UVA Basketball Fans!
Dick Vitale on Team of Destiny: “This is a hoops story you will LOVE! Jerry and Chris capture the sensational and dramatic championship journey by Tony Bennett and his tenacious Cavalier team. UVA was Awesome Baby and so is this book!”
Ralph Sampson on Team of Destiny: “Jerry and Chris have lived and seen it all, even before my time. I highly recommend this book to every basketball fan across the globe. This story translates to all who know defeat and how to overcome it!”
Feedback from buyers: “Got the Book in the Mail Saturday, and could not put it down! Great read and great photography as well! Love all of the books I’ve received, but hands down, this is my favorite!” – Russell