Construction begins July 13 on Greenbrier Drive/Rio Road pedestrian crossing
Traffic control measures will be in place to coordinate turns in and out of Greenbrier Drive. In the upcoming weeks, sidewalk access will be affected. Signs will be in place to alert pedestrians.
This project was designed to connect residences with the bus stop across E. Rio Road and to improve pedestrian access in the area. It is one of nine Neighborhood Improvement Funding Initiative program projects initiated through a community-driven process.
Features of the project include:
- Crosswalks on all 4 corners of the Greenbrier Dr. Rio Rd. intersection.
- Pushbuttons on the pedestals for the crossing notification, audible warning included.
- Programmed signal length for Crossing (start, stop, countdown clock for crossing).
- ADA notification pad (yellow raised bumped surface) at all crosswalks.
- Pedestal signal heads for easy viewing.
Questions about this project? Contact Project Manager Neale Craft firstname.lastname@example.org