Common difficulties students face in college and university
Years spent in college or university are filled with various emotions: happy ones that associated with finding new friends, getting new experience, receiving excellent grades, satisfaction from completing and submitting papers on time. Also, every student experienced a lot of stress while tried to juggle with part-time employment and education.
As well there is a range of issues that almost everyone faced during university years. Some of them demand improving personal traits, and others require special attention:
- Time management skills are essential in the academically challenging environment, and young people have to control own time in order not to miss the important deadline and not to fall back from the rest of the class. This skill can be easily mastered and by the end of university responsible students are real professionals in managing own time. With the help of special apps, anyone will handle this task.
- Employment. The majority of students are trying to earn extra money and looking for part-time employment. Also, they are interested in getting professional experience to add that to their resume and find a better job after graduation. Hoping to attract the best employer students are applying to top companies, dreaming of building a career and with this aim, they hire thesis editing services to complete all necessary documents. Still, even part-time employment can affect academic progress.
- Student’s debt is another one challenge for young people as tuition costs, transportation, textbooks, food, rent are costly. Many young people are dropping out of universities as they cannot afford all the expenses. The rest of them are combining full academic schedules along with full-time jobs to make ends meet. The only solution suitable is a student loan that is rather easy to get but takes years to pay back.
- International students often experience homesickness as they are far from home, friends and have no one around them. In most cases, they are struggling with the English language and feeling stressed out because of the unfamiliar environment.
- Partying is a major distraction as may lead to alcohol and drug abuse. It is vital knowing own limits and control yourself.
- All reasons mentioned above eventually can lead to depression. Stress level is getting high, and when overwhelmed with numerous issues to deal with, everything becomes unbearable. Professional support is the best solution in this case.