Cheers for Charity Kick-Off Party at Starr Hill Brewery
Wild Virginia is partnering with Starr Hill Brewery as part of its Cheers for Charity fundraiser in September. Throughout the month, one dollar for every pint of beer sold in the Starr Hill Brewery Tap Room will be donated to Wild Virginia in support of its campaigns.
“Cheers for Charity is a great opportunity to bring awareness and support that is essential to these organizations that do so much for our community,” said Allie Hochman, Starr Hill Brewery’s Tap Room Manager. “At Starr Hill, we’re proud to offer a sustained, long-term commitment to local charities that will continue year-round.”
“At Wild Virginia we like to hike local and drink local! We are so grateful to organizations like Starr Hill that show love to their local non-profits. The last few years have been a roller coaster when it comes to protecting wildlife, so we hope everyone will join us for some fun events and possibly join our cause,” says Katie Keller, Wild Virginia’s Publicity and Outreach Coordinator.
Join Wild Virginia on September 7th at 6PM for a special kickoff event at the Starr Hill Brewery Tap Room. Lobo Marino will be playing an hour set of their earthy music. Named after the enormous Pacific Sea Lion, Lobo Marino’s brand of experimental folk draws from a rich palette of international influences.
Built primarily on harmonium, bass drum, banjo and various unique instruments and voices, Lobo Marino continues to evolve as the musical response to the continuous travels and ongoing spiritual journey of its members, Laney Sullivan and Jameson Price. They have been very active in fighting both the Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley pipelines!
The Festy Experience, a local music festival at Infinity Downs Farm, will be offering a special giveaway at the taproom! This fall weekend experience in the Blue Ridge Mountains includes a lineup of Americana & Bluegrass artists, local craft beer and food with environmentally conscious practices and a family-friendly environment.
Cheers for Charity events
- Outings & Education Introduction Meeting at 6:30PM, September 4: Come join Wild Virginia’s Outings and Education Team and help plan future hikes, book clubs and other educational events.
- Kick-Off Party at 6:00PM, September 7 with Lobo Marino: Info on volunteering, merch for sale, pipeline information, music and prizes.
- Climate Hike, September 23: Learn about climate change on this informative hike and cap off the day with a brew at the Starr Hill taproom. This is a family friendly event! Email Ernie Reed for additional details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Trivia Night, September 27: Win great prizes while you learn about Virginia’s Wild Places. Email Katie Keller for additional details (email@example.com)
- Family Fun Day, September 30: Join in for family nature activities at a local park and then cap off the day at the brewery. Email Bette Dzamba for additional details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Starr Hill Brewery Tap Room is located at 5391 Three Notch’d Road in Crozet. Go to www.StarrHill.com/Tap-Room for hours, events and more information.