Charlottesville City Council seeks input on Strategic Plan update
City Council establishes the strategic direction of the organization and aligns its decision and policymaking process with the Strategic Plan. The city manager evaluates the performance of each department against their specific objectives, performance measures, and initiatives.
The FY 2018-2020 Strategic Plan is available for review on the city’s website www.charlottesville.gov/strategicplan. Council will use this plan as a starting point for its work.
The public is encouraged to provide feedback on the existing vision, mission, and goals as well as to share new ideas for Council’s consideration.
Comments may be submitted at any time via email to StrategicPlan@charlottesville.gov. Public comments will also be received at five virtual meetings.
Registration information for the virtual meetings is available at www.charlottesville.gov/zoom.
Strategic Plan Meeting Schedule
- Sept. 15, Work Session #1, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Public comment at beginning and end of meeting
- Sept. 21, Regular Council Meeting, 6:30 pm – Public comment opportunity
- Sept. 22, Work Session #2, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Public comment at beginning and end of meeting
- Sept. 29, Work Session #3, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Public comment at beginning and end of meeting
- Oct. 5, Regular Council Meeting, 6:30 p.m. – Public comment opportunity