Ben Cline announces completion of congressional staff hires
Cline, who was sworn in on Jan. 3, had previously announced the hiring of his top staff on Dec. 7 with Matt Miller named as Chief of Staff, Debbie Garrett as District Director, Nicole Manley as Legislative Director, and Ryan Saylor as Communications Director.
The hiring of all staff prior to his swearing-in is in keeping with his commitment to hit the ground running and ensure continuity of services for the constituents of the Sixth District.
“The men and women who have signed up to serve Virginia’s Sixth District as members of my team are all extremely well-qualified individuals,” the congressman said. “Their experience and commitment to service will benefit all citizens of our part of Virginia.”
- Field Representative Tyler Adams is a native of Louisa County and is based in the Harrisonburg office. A 2015 graduate of James Madison University, Adams has worked for Cline’s legislative and campaign offices in varying roles, most recently as Northern Political Director for Cline’s congressional campaign.
- Field Representative Christine Broughton is a naturalized U.S. citizen who previously worked as former Congressman Bob Goodlatte’s Political Administrator in 2011. Later, she began serving on his congressional staff as a District Representative. Broughton is based in Cline’s Roanoke office.
- District Representative Kjersten Croke moved to Salem in 2004 with her husband and four children. She served in former Congressman Bob Goodlatte’s Roanoke office for the last five years in a similar role. Croke also worked for Delegate Greg Habeeb as a Community Outreach Representative and Legislative Assistant. She is based in Cline’s Roanoke office.
- District Scheduler Jennifer Faulkner is a graduate of William Byrd High School in Vinton, Virginia, and a 1996 Graduate of Virginia Tech with Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies and Political Science. Faulkner previously worked for former Congressman Bob Goodlatte in his Roanoke District Office for just over 22 years. She is based in Cline’s Roanoke office.
- Field Representative Kathy Hayden was previously a political consultant prior to working in the Roanoke Office of the Attorney General. She served as the Office Manager/Community Outreach Coordinator under four different attorneys general. Hayden left the OAG to serve in Governor Bob McDonald’s Administration in Richmond as his Director of Community Relations. After retiring from the Governor’s administration, she served in the Virginia General Assembly during two sessions as Delegate Ben Cline’s legislative assistant. More recently, she worked on the political campaigns of John Adams for Attorney General and Ben Cline for Congress. Hayden is based in Cline’s Roanoke office.
- District Representative Emilee Loope is from Roanoke. She went to James Madison University, majoring in Political Science with a minor in Sports Communication. She also completed a master’s degree in Strategic Communications at Liberty University. Emilee began serving in Virginia’s Sixth District on the staff of former Congressman Bob Goodlatte in 2016. She has also worked for the Boston Red Sox Class A Advanced Affiliate, the Salem Red Sox, and interned for the Washington Redskins for three years. Loope is based in Cline’s Harrisonburg office.
- District Representative Aaron Van Allen is originally from Danville. He graduated from Hampden-Sydney College in 2013 with a Bachelor of Arts in Government and from Liberty University in 2013 with a Master of Arts in Public Policy. Van Allen worked for former Congressman Bob Goodlatte for six years. He is based in Cline’s Lynchburg office.
- Emily Wicht is a District Representative in Cline’s Harrisonburg office. She graduated from Emory & Henry College in 2008. After graduation, Wicht served two years in AmeriCorps. She has worked for nonprofits and different levels of government, including Habitat for Humanity, a local homeless shelter called Open Doors, the federal Workforce Investment Act, and the Virginia Comprehensive Services Act. She worked for former Congressman Bob Goodlatte before joining Cline’s staff.
- Eric Bagwell of Forest joins Cline’s office as a Senior Legislative Assistant. Bagwell previously served as Legislative Director for former Congressman Bob Goodlatte. Prior to joining his personal office, Bagwell worked for Goodlatte on the House Judiciary Committee and in his Harrisonburg district office. He is a graduate of Jefferson Forest High School and James Madison University.
- Melanie Davis is Systems Administrator. She previously served in a similar role for former Congressman Bob Goodlatte.
- Matthew Hanrahan serves as Legislative Correspondent for Cline’s office. Following his graduation from The Catholic University of America, Hanrahan served as the Political Director for U.S. Senate candidate Dan Carter in 2016. Hanrahan worked as a Staff Assistant and then Legislative Correspondent for Congressman Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania. Most recently, he served Congressman Tom Garrett of Virginia as a Legislative Correspondent and Legislative Assistant.
- Tyler Hook serves as Staff Assistant. A 2017 graduate of Newberry College, he has previously worked on numerous campaigns in Virginia and South Carolina. Hook moved to Lexington, Virginia, upon graduation where he worked as grassroots director for the Republican Party of Virginia. In 2018, he worked as State Field Director for South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson before joining Cline’s campaign for Congress.
- Beth Kaczmarek is Congressman Cline’s Washington Scheduler and Office Manager. She has served the Virginia delegation for the past eight years. A shared employee, Kaczmarek also handles office finances for Rep. Jack Bergman of Michigan and Vicky Hartzler of Missouri.
- Hallie Pence grew up on a farm in Rockingham County, and joins Cline’s office as a Senior Legislative Assistant. She served as former Congressman Tom Garrett’s Legislative Director during the 115th Congress. Prior to working for him, Pence worked for former Congressman Robert Hurt as his Scheduler and Office Administrator. Hallie is a graduate of the University of Virginia and double majored in Philosophy and Political Theory.