Arts Council of the Valley announces 2019 Smith House Galleries exhibition schedule
- January – Virginia Artists in the Marketplace (VA-AIM), curated by John Ros
- February – Painting/printmaking by Patricia Hobbs
- March – artVISION: Rockingham County Youth Art Month Show , sponsored by Rockingham County Public Schools
- April – Paintings by Kim Juda Souder and nature-themed oil pastel drawings by Bob Bersson
- May – Paintings by Christopher Michael
- June – Drawings/Cartoons by John Rose
- July – Impressionist paintings by Deliece Blanchard and Photographs by Ellen Martin ● August – Art Lotto
- September – Paintings and the machines that made them by Alden Hough
- October – Ceramics by Sukjin Choi and Co.
- November-December – ACV’s 4th Annual Artist Member Exhibition
The exhibitions offer a unique visual blend, with works ranging from installation to watercolor to photography. “We are so excited for the variety of works we are showcasing,” raves ACV Executive Director Jenny Burden of the forthcoming season.
The 2019 season also balances emerging and established artists, a goal Burden notes the Council has committed itself to more fully in recent years.
ACV is seeking sponsors and musicians to support each exhibition’s opening reception on First Fridays Downtown. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.